Multiple prints, works as a printing plotter - Epson L1800 for DTF or UV (Optional) Roll To Roll Stepper

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Joel Towers said:

image.png.6a010cf16d5e7d193659fdd98e57a1f8.pngYes, I have developed it myself, there are more videos on the channel

What’s the difference between this and using form feed with EKprint? I.E.- load rolls and print in sheet mode continuously.

Edited by johnson4

On 9/1/2021 at 4:40 PM, johnson4 said:

What’s the difference between this and using form feed with EKprint? I.E.- load rolls and print in sheet mode continuously.

It is made to print roll paper, as soon as it finishes printing, it closes the feed sensor emulation and automatically the roll retracts and accommodates itself for the next printing.

8 minutes ago, Joel Towers said:

It is made to print roll paper, as soon as it finishes printing, it closes the feed sensor emulation and automatically the roll retracts and accommodates itself for the next printing.

Thanks for the clarification, that’s exactly what EKprint does on it’s supported printers as well, well not exactly but close. It just doesn’t extend the paper any further and starts printing on the next file making it continuous, so it never ejects or extends between “ paper loads”.

pretty cool to do that on the hardware side, nice job. 

Edited by johnson4
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...