R3000 Print Scuffing

I converted an Epson R3000 this week. I'm new to DTF but have been printing DTG for 8 yrs. 

I am going nuts with my print scuffing when exiting. I have searched everywhere and am finding very little help. I have tried to use the Epson tray that some say they use with no problems, it didn't work for me. I built an exit table from foam board I had it level with the roller that might work for 2 prints then I get a bad one. So then  I lowered it alittle they all scuff? 

My question can I remove the grey passthrough tray and bypass it's sensor? I have probably wasted 40 sheets of film so far!

I have talked to someone who prints thousands of DTF prints on 4 R3000's and just uses the machine's exit tray with no issues and we are using the same film from the same supplier????

Any ideas throw them at me.

Thank you,

Cathie

1 hour ago, Ikegwegbe said:

Please I have the same problem. Do you mean the film are cut 13" x 19" .

1 hour ago, Ikegwegbe said:

They are using 13x19 sheets of film. If the head is hitting the film, then there is something up with the output portion, possibly the film hitting the "lip" as it comes out and binding. Normally, even with smaller film, if the output tray is smooth and slightly less than the top of the output rollers, you won't have an issue. If it's the last part of the film, you can't print there unless you have a vacuum system or leave some of the star wheels in place. 

Edited by johnson4

On 7/10/2021 at 7:06 PM, Ikegwegbe said:

Yes my film size is 13x19 I also took out the printhead and cleaned it of the buildup from when I was getting the scuffing. I have printed about 100 prints and the problem is gone. Very important to keep the face of your printhead clean also.