Jump to content

DTF Ink / Film Comparison


Recommended Posts

Just out of curiosity….  

1.     Are the USA made DTF inks of better quality than the inks imported from China?

2.    Does any specific brand of ink works better in different Epson printer models?

3.    Are all the PET Films on the market the same quality…..or does print quality on these films vary based on ink manufacturer,   film type/grade/quality and/or printer models.

Just a few questions that floats by me now and then….

 

RJ

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, JaRugz said:

Just out of curiosity….  

1.     Are the USA made DTF inks of better quality than the inks imported from China?

2.    Does any specific brand of ink works better in different Epson printer models?

3.    Are all the PET Films on the market the same quality…..or does print quality on these films vary based on ink manufacturer,   film type/grade/quality and/or printer models.

Just a few questions that floats by me now and then….

 

RJ

 

I have no clue on the inks, the Chinese ink from the store work great for me.

 

 

 Film, yes it varies a ton, some are terrible, some ok and some great. In addition to that, they have matte and glossy finish as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) No, we actually have found our particular China inks to be better than the USA made.

2) Yes, there is a wide range of quality coming from China. Even suppliers will have a good, better, best line of inks

3)No, all aren't the same. We see a wide variation in quality. And the quality can change. We loved a film and then ordered 180,000 sheets of it, the large order was not of the same quality as the sample and we had to sell them off at a huge loss.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s what had me wondering…..because I have been unable to get any decent print on a converted DTF printer, The colors vary with each print and the white prints are sometimes really good and 2 or 3 prints later….really bad. On top of which, the prints feel like thick paper.   I’m still using inks from probably the first time DTF inks came on the market….

BUT….. then I use the same film on the Epson F2100 and the colors come out amazingly bright and the white is 99% perfect. Prints are soft to the touch….so I’ve been using the F2100 for my sellable DTF printing.  
 

So basically, ink quality can be easily identified and maintained, but the quality/grade of films will remain touch and go.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JaRugz said:

That’s what had me wondering…..because I have been unable to get any decent print on a converted DTF printer, The colors vary with each print and the white prints are sometimes really good and 2 or 3 prints later….really bad. On top of which, the prints feel like thick paper.   I’m still using inks from probably the first time DTF inks came on the market….

BUT….. then I use the same film on the Epson F2100 and the colors come out amazingly bright and the white is 99% perfect. Prints are soft to the touch….so I’ve been using the F2100 for my sellable DTF printing.  
 

So basically, ink quality can be easily identified and maintained, but the quality/grade of films will remain touch and go.

 

Exactly. Personally I have purchased 4 rolls from andy, All were identical. I also ordered some from china, and it varies, roll to roll, even within the same roll. 

If your talking about the original from like 10 months ago ( last year)  I would probably try some new ink- wouldn't hurt anyway. 

Cool to hear the F2100 is giving good results though!. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, johnson4 said:

If your talking about the original from like 10 months ago ( last year)  I would probably try some new ink- wouldn't hurt anyway. 

Cool to hear the F2100 is giving good results though!. 

Yes….that’s the inks I’m still using.  I’ll probably sell the old printer (R3000), as I just got a 4800 that I’m about to try and convert, so I’ll definitely be purchasing new inks soon.

My big worry tho are the films as I couldn’t understand why they worked almost perfect with the F2100, but not with the R3000.

I’ve been told that the best, most consistent PET films in the transfer industry ARE actually made in Europe, but I don’t know if anyone here in the USA are selling films from Europe..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JaRugz said:

Yes….that’s the inks I’m still using.  I’ll probably sell the old printer (R3000), as I just got a 4800 that I’m about to try and convert, so I’ll definitely be purchasing new inks soon.

My big worry tho are the films as I couldn’t understand why they worked almost perfect with the F2100, but not with the R3000.

I’ve been told that the best, most consistent PET films in the transfer industry ARE actually made in Europe, but I don’t know if anyone here in the USA are selling films from Europe..

Are you using dtg ink on the film from the f2100? 
 

could just be the ink, I know the Chinese inks have worked great, I’ve used quite a bit, like 8-12 liters, no clogging even after sitting in the printer for a week, etc. 

 

the film, everything I’ve had has been printable, except some of the stuff in the very beginning, in comparison from that until now, that stuff wasn’t great. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

Are you using dtg ink on the film from the f2100? 

Yes, I’m using the DTG inks.

I know the inks have improved since I last purchased some.   I should be purchasing some of the newer inks available in a few weeks once my cartridges arrive and I flush this printer out and have it ready.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

Are you using dtg ink on the film from the f2100? 

I was kinda surprised a few months ago to find a one year old video of a company in Europe promoting DTF printing using the F2100.  Couldn’t understand a word they were saying, but the settings they used were visible so I tried it and it worked perfectly.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dtg inks are generally more liquid. So color pass is not fully drying and mixing with whites. So you can use better film and less dtg ink to get results. But DTF inks will be better than your results any time. Also commont DTG inks' colors quickly fades when washed. So it is not advisible. But i dont know how are Epson inks for f2100

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Where are yall getting your inks and transfers from?
Looking at all the USA based e-commerce sites like kingdomdtf, mclaudtechnology, etc all seem like they're just re-selling wholesale stuff from China and it's too soon to tell who is credible.

The US stores all sketch me out (can we have a moment for the fake cart expiration count-down on KingdomDTF?)

Is this how everyone is getting their supplies?
or are yall finding reputable manufacturers in China who have low minimums?
or what supplier do you recommend?

Thanks a ton

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, meow said:

Where are yall getting your inks and transfers from?
Looking at all the USA based e-commerce sites like kingdomdtf, mclaudtechnology, etc all seem like they're just re-selling wholesale stuff from China and it's too soon to tell who is credible.

The US stores all sketch me out (can we have a moment for the fake cart expiration count-down on KingdomDTF?)

Is this how everyone is getting their supplies?
or are yall finding reputable manufacturers in China who have low minimums?
or what supplier do you recommend?

Thanks a ton

Both, and Chinese import places are worse than is based. 
 

DTFsuperstore is what I use, compared to importing unless in bulk, it’s much cheaper without the risk and if you have a problem it’s easily remedied, or else risk losing the entire transaction amount and receive nothing in return from China. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...