XP 15000

clivelaw

Hi All I managed to get the XP 15000 running with acro rip 9 from the rear of the printer tray, still testing but look promising so far.

As you can see from my photo the printer usb port for my pc is set on usb port,5 but it can be what ever usb port you connect to,I've set the printer as a EPSON R1800,

I suppose some of the drivers maybe the same I've yet to try it on white ink on the rip as soon as I check it out I will the forum know at least its a start for a cheper option of softwear.

regards to everyone,

acro rip 9.0.3.jpg

27 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

I’m curious if setting it to a different printer would affect the print speed. 

I've read something about the L1800 printing faster over some sort of change like that. I've been working on getting 1440x720 to print good with the " ink pooling" method. Printing CMYK+W takes forever on any of these printers. 

4 hours ago, johnson4 said:

I've read something about the L1800 printing faster over some sort of change like that. I've been working on getting 1440x720 to print good with the " ink pooling" method. Printing CMYK+W takes forever on any of these printers. 

I have 2 problems with 1440x720

- Theres banding on both the color and the white. 
- Pure white leaves strange random streaks throughout the print (both XP-1500 I have did this). 

I tried increasing the ink density a lot on either the color alone, white alone and both together but didn’t have much luck. I went up as far as 175% for the white. Seemed to be SLIGHTLY better but not much. If you do find a way to improve this please let us know. 

1 hour ago, Mdrake2016 said:

I have 2 problems with 1440x720

- Theres banding on both the color and the white. 
- Pure white leaves strange random streaks throughout the print (both XP-1500 I have did this). 

I tried increasing the ink density a lot on either the color alone, white alone and both together but didn’t have much luck. I went up as far as 175% for the white. Seemed to be SLIGHTLY better but not much. If you do find a way to improve this please let us know. 

I always do :) 

I had some decent results, with the white being perfect on the p400 at 1440x720. I also had some pretty decent cmyk prints, still working on the proper settings though on the cmyk. It’s weird because I’m not getting banding at all, just not enough ink.

Edited by johnson4

10 hours ago, johnson4 said:

I always do :) 

I had some decent results, with the white being perfect on the p400 at 1440x720. I also had some pretty decent cmyk prints, still working on the proper settings though on the cmyk. It’s weird because I’m not getting banding at all, just not enough ink.

With EKPrint...I can’t seem to get it to use different resolution settings for the white and color. Meaning if I use 1440x720 for color and 1440x1440 for white, it does 1440x720 for both even just by the look and speed of the print. It seems to use the Color resolution as the whole print even though in the manual they suggest choosing a lower resolution for the White. 

What settings were you able to adjust to make the white look perfect?

5 hours ago, Mdrake2016 said:

With EKPrint...I can’t seem to get it to use different resolution settings for the white and color. Meaning if I use 1440x720 for color and 1440x1440 for white, it does 1440x720 for both even just by the look and speed of the print. It seems to use the Color resolution as the whole print even though in the manual they suggest choosing a lower resolution for the White. 

What settings were you able to adjust to make the white look perfect?

I printed at 1440x720, single head pass. I don’t remember exactly since my computer “ updated” overnight and I have to start over. But the ink percentage was around 80-100, with four white ink channels. 

I have noticed that also. I intended on emailing them just haven’t had the chance yet. If I select 1440x720 Cmyk and 1440x1440 white, it still prints in 720, like the CMYK setting is all that matters. I also don’t like the fact that I can’t manually use anything between 50 and 75 percent on the underbase. I use 65 percent on my Cmyk, if I do that with the white underbase it turns into 650. 

ive emailed them before and gotten things changed before, so I’m hopeful it won’t be an issue to fix/explain. 

23 hours ago, johnson4 said:

I printed at 1440x720, single head pass. I don’t remember exactly since my computer “ updated” overnight and I have to start over. But the ink percentage was around 80-100, with four white ink channels. 

I have noticed that also. I intended on emailing them just haven’t had the chance yet. If I select 1440x720 Cmyk and 1440x1440 white, it still prints in 720, like the CMYK setting is all that matters. I also don’t like the fact that I can’t manually use anything between 50 and 75 percent on the underbase. I use 65 percent on my Cmyk, if I do that with the white underbase it turns into 650. 

ive emailed them before and gotten things changed before, so I’m hopeful it won’t be an issue to fix/explain. 

A workaround for that percentage issue is to use an option that doesn’t exist on the drop down box. For example when I tried to use 60% it went to 600% since that’s also one of their options. I used 61% and that worked.

9 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

A workaround for that percentage issue is to use an option that doesn’t exist on the drop down box. For example when I tried to use 60% it went to 600% since that’s also one of their options. I used 61% and that worked.

Interesting, I’ll have to try that thanks. It didn’t really matter with DTG but with DTF just 3 percent is enough to make or break a print for me. I wonder why it even goes that high, anything after 200ish percent doesn’t really do anything for me anyway. 

Edited by johnson4

43 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

Just heard this from eukon 

in DTF printing, with one pass underbase printing enabled, the White underbase and Color layer has to be in the same resolution.”

32 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

Just heard this from eukon 

in DTF printing, with one pass underbase printing enabled, the White underbase and Color layer has to be in the same resolution.”

Well that sucks. Looks like we’re out of luck with that for DTF printing.

13 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

Well that sucks. Looks like we’re out of luck with that for DTF printing.

He is looking into the other issue though. 

I noticed in 1440x720 mode, it prints the same speed with or without an underbase. 

in 1440x1440 mode, it prints half as fast as expected, however if you add the underbase, the print time doubles again. Basically like it’s printing in 1440x2880. 

I thought this was normal in DTG. but now I see if in 1440x720 it doesn’t make it print in 1440x1440 “speeds” when underbase is enabled. So why does it print in 1440x2880 speeds when in 1440x1440 with an under base, but at 1440x1440 without an underbase. 

So to me, either one or the other is wrong, it’s not possible for both to be correct. If there is an issue, it will help for sure either way, to me at least. Unless I’m wrong. 

if that is the case, it would probably even be faster to do 2 head passes instead of printing in 2880 speeds ( 1440x1440 with underbase enabled). 

Edited by johnson4

26 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

if that is the case, it would probably even be faster to do 2 head passes instead of printing in 2880 speeds ( 1440x1440 with underbase enabled). 

When printing in multi head passes, how does that work exactly? I thought single pass meant it prints everything in 1 shot and multi pass means then the printer would have to “rewind” the film and then print the underbase after the color layer is laid down. I guess I’ve always printed everything in single pass since I don’t understand it. 

31 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

I noticed in 1440x720 mode, it prints the same speed with or without an underbase. 

in 1440x1440 mode, it prints half as fast as expected, however if you add the underbase, the print time doubles again. Basically like it’s printing in 1440x2880. 

I played around with some of my settings in the 1440x720 template that I saved, and I think I may have found the best settings with banding so small, only picky OCD people like me would notice. Surprisingly, my images that have gradients look even better using these settings than my 1440x1440 template (more smooth gradient). What I did was the following:

1440x720 for both color and white

Ink Configuration:

Drop size: Medium
Ink Level: 1 
Ink Density: 95%

White Underbase:

Mode: Content Based
Level: 2 (THIS is what made everything look a LOT better for me)
Density: 110% 
Color Contrast: -17 (still testing this to find the optimal look that I'm going for)

May have to play with the density levels but so far, the prints are looking great this morning.

4 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

When printing in multi head passes, how does that work exactly? I thought single pass meant it prints everything in 1 shot and multi pass means then the printer would have to “rewind” the film and then print the underbase after the color layer is laid down. I guess I’ve always printed everything in single pass since I don’t understand it. 

Oh, yea single pass is a must for DTF. With DTG it could reload and print the 2nd cmyk pass, giving the white time to dry so blending didn’t occur. 

I meant the head passes, so the head goes left, that is one pass, the head goes right, that is a 2nd pass. 

so single pass means it advanced the film once for every head pass. Two head passes means it passes twice before advancing the film. 

my thought was, if it had to print slower, why not do one head pass cmyk, one head pass white, at 1440x1440 instead of at 2880 speed with underbase enabled like it is now. I get 14 prints an hour as is like that. 35 prints an hour at actual 1440x1440. 

might be stupid but it might be faster. Anyway, overall 14 prints an hour with an underbase isn’t acceptable to me, however from shopping Chinese machines, they aren’t much faster if at all, which is why I’m working on the 1440x720 settings for my machines. 

5 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

I played around with some of my settings in the 1440x720 template that I saved, and I think I may have found the best settings with banding so small, only picky OCD people like me would notice. Surprisingly, my images that have gradients look even better using these settings than my 1440x1440 template (more smooth gradient). What I did was the following:

Ink Configuration:

White Underbase:

Color Contrast: -17 (still testing this to find the optimal look that I'm going for)

May have to play with the density levels but so far, the prints are looking great this morning.

So your doing two head passes of white ink per line, if you notice it advances once every two head passes now. 

Edited by johnson4

30 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

So your doing two head passes of white ink per line, if you notice it advances once every two head passes now. 

Ahh I see I got it now. I’m extremely happy with my results doing it this way now (other than the colors...I still gotta figure out how everybody uses Graphics mode while I have to use Vivid). 

One concern I have with a higher printing speed is if using the auto shaking/curing machine. Would curing be an issue with the print moving through the machine this quickly? I’m getting an approx 2 min print time for a 9x12 print. 

24 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

Ahh I see I got it now. I’m extremely happy with my results doing it this way now (other than the colors...I still gotta figure out how everybody uses Graphics mode while I have to use Vivid). 

One concern I have with a higher printing speed is if using the auto shaking/curing machine. Would curing be an issue with the print moving through the machine this quickly? I’m getting an approx 2 min print time for a 9x12 print. 

It would be fine. The cure machine I have can cure them in about 30 seconds. Being about 15” of cure space, you would have plenty of time I would imagine. Moving 4.5 inches a minute would give you roughly 3 minutes under the curing portion, which is plenty. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/21/2021 at 12:11 PM, Mdrake2016 said:

Ink Configuration:

White Underbase:

will this config work on a xp 15000 installed like an L1800, on acrorip 9.0.3?

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

Can someone help me out please? I have an xp 15000 which I use for DTF well I just got it first time using this printer. I use acrorip 10.3 and whenever I'm printing all I'm getting is one line of the image going down the center of the sheet. Also the image is not starting close to the top of the sheet where I set it, it's starting further down on the sheet.

Has anyone else had this issue, if so how can I fix it?