Stripped Printhead Release Screw (P600)

Hey guys,

Due to the consistent maintenance we do on the P600, the plastic printhead release screw has slowly stripped over time. I'm attaching a picture. I have a feeling I'm not the first to run into this issue. Curious how you guys fix this and prevent it in the future. Thanks!

printerscrew.jpg

2 hours ago, Perseot said:

you have solved it like this: heat a flat screwdriver and insert it in the plastic to melt and create a mold of the screwdriver

I did the same, e

3 hours ago, elliotiscool said:

Hey guys,

Due to the consistent maintenance we do on the P600, the plastic printhead release screw has slowly stripped over time. I'm attaching a picture. I have a feeling I'm not the first to run into this issue. Curious how you guys fix this and prevent it in the future. Thanks!

printerscrew.jpg

I did the same, except a Philip #2 screwdriver. Heated it up, push it where it originally went before I stripped it out and made the slot deeper, and fit to that screwdriver. Only needed to do it once, ever since I haven’t needed to do it. 

yours looks rough, I’d probably replace it since they aren’t terribly expensive and depending on how old it is. but there a a ton of things you could do. 

good luck