DTF conversion for P700 and P900

1 hour ago, Jan said:

now I see sorry...

I am still undecided between P900 and now P5000 :)  Have you bought P5000 already ? Is it dificult to convert it for DTF ?

I did not go that route. I’m still using my p800’s. The p5000 technically should be twice as fast as the p800, or 24 sq ft an hour plus two additional spot color/spare channels. BUT I haven’t bought one to try, $1800 is a lot. 

7 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

I did not go that route. I’m still using my p800’s. The p5000 technically should be twice as fast as the p800, or 24 sq ft an hour plus two additional spot color/spare channels. BUT I haven’t bought one to try, $1800 is a lot. 

I tried to get p800 but no success and p900 is not supported yet so am just trying to find something good to replace my L1800, I print like 10-12 hours a day and I want to replace it with something faster. Maybe I'll just wait who comes first with support for p900 and I get that. I use AcroRIP now, but anyway I would have to buy new one.

6 hours ago, Jan said:

I tried to get p800 but no success and p900 is not supported yet so am just trying to find something good to replace my L1800, I print like 10-12 hours a day and I want to replace it with something faster. Maybe I'll just wait who comes first with support for p900 and I get that. I use AcroRIP now, but anyway I would have to buy new one.

The p400/p600/p800 are the same speed. A few other models that don’t support Chipless. 

but, you are right- things are very expensive.

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2021 at 8:29 PM, johnson4 said:

I used the P600 for about 5 years for DTG purposes. I ran 4 of them most of that time. The problems I encountered are with the ink manifold. It's absolutely crap for white ink. Springs, microscopic holes, rubber valves, all kinds of crap. The reason, They call the p600 " pressurized" ink system. When in reality its not, it's rather like a diaphragm. It gets gunked up with white ink in as little as 24 hours of sitting. White ink settles- period. If you have normal paths for the ink, this hardly matters unless it's severe which takes months/years of use. they use Ti02 for the white pigment, which is heavier than the carrier. As time passes, small amounts of this Ti02 will slowly drop due to gravity out of the suspension. The longer it sits, the more it does it. It coagulates. Lighter ink will flow around it, kind of like cholesterol in the human body. Eventually, a "chunk" can break off and hit the dampers or head. If you know anything about engines, imagine a Weedeater Carb, or 2 cycle engine carburetor. Even those old briggs push mowers. They use diaphragm pumps to feed the carb instead of a bowl ( needle/float). Thicker fluids, smaller holes, always gunking up- always finding them on the side of the road when a $2 part will fix it. 

Now on to the p600. The manifold doesn't function well with this thicker ink, then add the ink settling. I would print 20-40 shirts a day per printer, every single day. just sitting for 24 hours would require me at least an hour a day to get my inks good again. I found out, If I flush the manifold and ink lines at least once every 3 months, this didn't happen. Basically, It worked fine if you manually flushed it every 2-3 months. If you didn't, You had one hell of a time keeping it going without wasting a ton of ink- let alone the " soft clogs" caused by this phenomenon requiring a head clean every 5-8 prints. 

The p800 I used right beside these ( it was a harder conversion for DTG and I did it all myself, unlike the kits for the p600's) didn't experience this- ever. It could sit for 2 days and print fine. It could sit for 6 months. As long as I shook the carts and did a heavy ink charge to get the separated ink out of the lines ( which is simple and literally requires one heavy cleaning). Still working. It's been over a year and the p800 has been rather dormant with white ink installed, the same white ink the P600's failed to work with after sitting for 2 days, except the p800 has gone over 30 days without a single print- works perfect. 

Actually, as we speak, I have a P800 that has been sitting unattended for 4 weeks with DTF inks in it, without a single issue. 

The reason- the thing doesn't have a crappy manifold. It literally has a "straight path" ink system and is actually pressurized at the cartridges, instead of within the manifold. If you take both manifolds apart ( one p600, one p800) you will understand. If you take one each apart after letting them sit for 2-3 days with white ink in them, you'll understand more. 

So If the P700 is anything like the P600, No thanks. The p800's have just worked- Not one single failure- letting them sit for months unused- expecting it to never work- without an issue. 

I actually had about 8 new P800's here when DTF took off, because I was getting rid of my P600's and changing them to p800's. Fortunately for me, I never did. I sold 7 of them and hanging on to the others until I find a trustworthy buyer, because they just work. One p800 I'm using now, Not one single issue. At all. It's roll printed thousands of 12x12 prints, not a single part changed without a single issue. 

The main reason I want a P900- I'm bored with how well the P800 works. I want something I can show others how it works, as well as secure newer technology. One day the P800 will die.  Sometimes I want a challenge and like to switch things up. I know this sounds stupid, but I love working on things- so in essence we run a business just so I CAN work on printers. Lol. 

Do you have any of these for sale yet?

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2021 at 3:29, johnson4 said:

Usé el P600 durante unos 5 años con fines DTG. Corrí 4 de ellos la mayor parte de ese tiempo. Los problemas que encontré son con el colector de tinta. Es absolutamente basura para la tinta blanca. Resortes, agujeros microscópicos, válvulas de goma, todo tipo de porquerías. La razón, llaman al sistema de tinta "presurizado" p600. Cuando en realidad no lo es, es más bien como un diafragma. Se ensucia con tinta blanca en tan solo 24 horas de estar sentado. La tinta blanca se asienta, punto. Si tiene rutas normales para la tinta, esto apenas importa a menos que sea grave, lo que lleva meses o años de uso. usan Ti02 para el pigmento blanco, que es más pesado que el portador. A medida que pasa el tiempo, pequeñas cantidades de este Ti02 caerán lentamente debido a la gravedad fuera de la suspensión. Cuanto más tiempo se sienta, más lo hace. Se coagula. Una tinta más clara fluirá a su alrededor, como el colesterol en el cuerpo humano. Eventualmente, un "trozo" puede romperse y golpear los amortiguadores o la cabeza. Si sabe algo sobre motores, imagine un Weedeater Carb o un carburador de motor de 2 ciclos. Incluso esas viejas segadoras de empuje Briggs. Utilizan bombas de diafragma para alimentar el carburador en lugar de un recipiente (aguja/flotador). Líquidos más espesos, agujeros más pequeños, siempre ensuciándose, siempre encontrándolos al costado del camino cuando una pieza de $ 2 lo arreglará. 

Ahora a la p600. El colector no funciona bien con esta tinta más espesa, luego agregue el sedimentador de tinta. Imprimiría de 20 a 40 camisetas al día por impresora, todos los días. simplemente sentado durante 24 horas me requeriría al menos una hora al día para que mis tintas vuelvan a estar bien. Descubrí que si lavo el colector y las líneas de tinta al menos una vez cada 3 meses, esto no sucedió. Básicamente, funcionó bien si lo enjuagabas manualmente cada 2 o 3 meses. Si no lo hizo, le costó mucho mantenerlo en funcionamiento sin desperdiciar una tonelada de tinta, y mucho menos las "obstrucciones blandas" causadas por este fenómeno que requiere una limpieza del cabezal cada 5-8 impresiones. 

El p800 que usé justo al lado de estos (fue una conversión más difícil para DTG y lo hice todo yo mismo, a diferencia de los kits para los p600) no experimentó esto nunca. Podría sentarse durante 2 días e imprimir bien. Podría sentarse durante 6 meses. Siempre y cuando sacudiera los carros e hiciera una gran carga de tinta para sacar la tinta separada de las líneas (que es simple y literalmente requiere una limpieza profunda). Aún trabajando. Ha pasado más de un año y la p800 ha estado bastante inactiva con tinta blanca instalada, la misma tinta blanca con la que la P600 no funcionó después de estar sentada durante 2 días, excepto que la p800 ha pasado más de 30 días sin una sola impresión: funciona perfectamente. 

En realidad, mientras hablamos, tengo una P800 que ha estado desatendida durante 4 semanas con tintas DTF, sin un solo problema. 

La razón: la cosa no tiene un múltiple de mierda. Literalmente tiene un sistema de tinta de "ruta recta" y en realidad está presurizado en los cartuchos, en lugar de dentro del colector. Si separa ambos colectores (uno p600, uno p800), lo entenderá. Si separa uno después de dejarlos reposar durante 2 o 3 días con tinta blanca, comprenderá más. 

Entonces, si el P700 es como el P600, no, gracias. Los p800 acaban de funcionar, ni una sola falla, dejándolos reposar durante meses sin usar, esperando que nunca funcionen, sin ningún problema. 

De hecho, tenía alrededor de 8 P800 nuevos aquí cuando DTF despegó, porque me estaba deshaciendo de mis P600 y cambiándolos a p800. Afortunadamente para mí, nunca lo hice. Vendí 7 de ellos y me quedé con los demás hasta encontrar un comprador confiable, porque simplemente funcionan. Un p800 que estoy usando ahora, ni un solo problema. En absoluto. Se imprimieron en rollo miles de impresiones de 12x12, ni una sola pieza cambió sin un solo problema. 

La razón principal por la que quiero un P900 es porque me aburre lo bien que funciona el P800. Quiero algo que pueda mostrar a otros cómo funciona, así como tecnología más nueva y segura. Un día, el P800 morirá. A veces quiero un desafío y me gusta cambiar las cosas. Sé que esto suena estúpido, pero me encanta trabajar en cosas, así que, en esencia, manejamos un negocio solo para que PUEDO trabajar en impresoras. Jajaja. 

Hola amigo, consegui una P800 y la hice DTFy estoy muy contento, ahora quiero otra de reemplazo y no encuentro la P800, estoy pensando en comprar la P900, sabes si es igual a la P800?...me refiero al mismo sistema que hablas de línea recta y presurizado?  Gracias de antemano.

On 2/10/2022 at 12:47 PM, johnson4 said:

So what RIP where you looking at for the P5000.    I know $1800 is a big chunk for a printer but the other options are $1k+ for less performance.  What on earth do you do with all the channels!  I just bought 2 more DK presses so the printer cost actually isn't even the main expense for me.

3 hours ago, kcinnick said:

So what RIP where you looking at for the P5000.    I know $1800 is a big chunk for a printer but the other options are $1k+ for less performance.  What on earth do you do with all the channels!  I just bought 2 more DK presses so the printer cost actually isn't even the main expense for me.

I've been bugging Eukon Digital about it to try and get them to support the P5000. I'm going to write him a letter in a few days as well. lol. 

If not, I'll go with Acro 11. $1,800 is really cheap for the quality and reliability of an Epson printer. When you consider the cost of a new printhead for any of these older Epson's, it's well worth it. That is, as long as you don't get a head strike and ruin it, lol. 

I'm fortunate enough to still have some of the old models here, I dread the switching of models and being stuck with software I do not like. So far I have been lucky and able to recover/repair all of the issues I have encountered so far. 

Edited by johnson4

I have acro 10.5 on the way, waiting on my dongle...   I am still waiting on some stuff from Aliexpress so it isn't a big deal I don't have it yet.  I see some sellers saying 10.5 supports the P5000.  I give it a month before I have one... but then I would want a shaker to go with it.