How to synchronize the printing movement between the X and Y axes

Feras

Hello, I have a question for the experienced in this field, I have a modified flatbed UV printer from the Epson 7880 printer, the X print width is 60cm and the Y print length is 250cm. I would like to modify this printer by installing the body of the UV printer Roll to Roll width of 160cm , I studied this in terms of installation and found it possible, but I want to make sure that the X Axis movement in the new printer can be linked to the Y Axis movement in the body of the old printer, i.e. Will I have a problem synchronizing the movement of the X Axis print with the movement of the Y Axis?
Is it possible to do this by connecting the two parts directly, or do I need an external part to create this sync?
Thanks in advance

Thank you very much for the response, that my printer is already modified to flat, I am afraid that there will be a piece specialized in synchronizing the print head movement with the Y movement and therefore I am afraid that when I install the new printer with a larger width in place of the old one that I will fail to create the required synchronization between the movement Y and new printhead movement (X)

if the old printer is something like 4880, when you put 7880 in it May still work with same snyc. Because they are similar and they use a lot of similar parts. if it is completely diffirent then you need to access code of your flatbed system to make y Axis step adjustments.