Recommended DTF Accessories

With DTF being DIY thing, I wanted to start a thread where people could give recommendations for accessories they use for DTF printing, based on the hardware they are using or just general items that make the DTF life easier and prints better.

I'll start out with the Flexible Application Pad from Stahls.  I bought this on a recommendation from a guy I used to buy transfers from, and I'm super glad I did!  I mainly use it to give the transfer a texture when I do a second press.  I don't think it would do much good for the first press.  It gives a screen print look and texture to the transfer.  It's not ideal for all designs, and I mainly use it when I do knockout screen print style transfers, which is what most of my designs are.

On designs that are straight text it give a the print a much nicer look that the standard smooth texture you get from a normal print.  You can buy thin silicone mats for cheaper on amazon, but the hook is the texture of the pad.  Basic silicone pads like the ones you see on Amazon are smooth and won't do anything more than a teflon sheet will do.

https://www.stahls.com/heat-press-flexible-application-pad

I'm interested to see what accessories other use when printing DTF.

2 hours ago, JTS said:

With DTF being DIY thing, I wanted to start a thread where people could give recommendations for accessories they use for DTF printing, based on the hardware they are using or just general items that make the DTF life easier and prints better.

I'll start out with the Flexible Application Pad from Stahls.  I bought this on a recommendation from a guy I used to buy transfers from, and I'm super glad I did!  I mainly use it to give the transfer a texture when I do a second press.  I don't think it would do much good for the first press.  It gives a screen print look and texture to the transfer.  It's not ideal for all designs, and I mainly use it when I do knockout screen print style transfers, which is what most of my designs are.

On designs that are straight text it give a the print a much nicer look that the standard smooth texture you get from a normal print.  You can buy thin silicone mats for cheaper on amazon, but the hook is the texture of the pad.  Basic silicone pads like the ones you see on Amazon are smooth and won't do anything more than a teflon sheet will do.

https://www.stahls.com/heat-press-flexible-application-pad

I'm interested to see what accessories other use when printing DTF.

Interesting, Do you do the 2nd press with this only( like no cover sheet)? Did you increase your time or temperature?