Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote

have you tried your waste tank resetter yet? 

Maint Tank Resetter showed up today.  I was leaving for work and the package was on the porch.  I'll be trying it out later tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTS said:

By wet capping, you mean putting drops of solution in the cap sponge before turning off?  What problem does that cause. lol, I've been doing that before I turn off every night...

I've been meaning to ask, how often do you run a cycle of cartridges with just cleaning solution to flush the printhead?

A few drops like I mentioned to you is okay, and good. But full on wet capping- terrible. It sucked the ink/fluid into the carts when i filled the capping station. Basically, as long as the fluid is suspended within the capping sponge, that works great. 

On DTG printers, I would completely fill the capping station, or " wet cap" them. It removes all the air out so is less likely to clog. Can't do that on this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTS said:

Maint Tank Resetter showed up today.  I was leaving for work and the package was on the porch.  I'll be trying it out later tonight.

I'm sure it'll be fine, Mine worked great on both aftermarket and OEM chips. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried the resetter on the OG tank that was "full".  I put the resetter to the chip.  The led blinked red a few times the turned green.  I'm assuming that means it was reset.  I didn't install it.  Waiting for the other tank to "fill".

I've been filling the ink carts while still installed.  Doesn't seem like it can cause a problem.  Any negatives to doing that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can officially say the maint tank resetter works.  I just installed the tank I reset the other day and it worked without a problem.  I reset the after market tank from Amazon when I pulled it and the resetter went to green light, which means it successfully reset.

No if I can just get this printer banding issue resolved I'd be good to go..

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 12:13 PM, JTS said:

I can officially say the maint tank resetter works.  I just installed the tank I reset the other day and it worked without a problem.  I reset the after market tank from Amazon when I pulled it and the resetter went to green light, which means it successfully reset.

No if I can just get this printer banding issue resolved I'd be good to go..

How has this printer been doing for you so far? I've been reading all the posts on this forum trying to prepare myself to get into this mess lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ran into a problem yesterday.  Was printing fine, then red and white channels started printing very light.  Now I'm getting massive banding.  Installed and ran my cleaning carts through a bunch of head cleaning cycles.  Had to leave for an event, so I'll re-install ink carts and see if that fixes it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2021 at 10:04 AM, JTS said:

I just ran into a problem yesterday.  Was printing fine, then red and white channels started printing very light.  Now I'm getting massive banding.  Installed and ran my cleaning carts through a bunch of head cleaning cycles.  Had to leave for an event, so I'll re-install ink carts and see if that fixes it.

Please keep us updated. Issues like this have been my nightmare for the past 10 years, which is why I switched over to White Toner Printing, but the headache and cost of that is even worse. Trying everything I can do make sure I avoid problems when I get the DTF set up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

After leaving the cleaning carts in for a couple days and running a couple print head cleaning cycles per day, I put in filled a new set of carts and installed them.  That seemed to do the trick I was back up and running with good prints.  I may have just had a normal clog.  DTF printing is still new so I may have paniced.  Either way I'm back up and running.  Having a set of cleaning carts is a must IMO.  It's a nice fallback if you run into weird printing issues.  I've done the cleaning cart purge a couple times when printing went kind of wacky and both times I was good to go after a good cleaning cart  cycle.

One thing to note, is I've always had minimal banding in my blue channel. Nothing terrible and the average person would most likely never recognize it.  When I press the transfers with my textured silicone cover sheet, it blends everything nicely.  Curious if anyone else has and minimal banding issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...