Epson XP 15000 DTF conversion

MicahG

7 minutes ago, Jessierich19 said:

Thanks so much. That clears things up greatly for me. Do you know the best place to buy a waste tank deserter for the xp 15000?

Just anywhere. If you can’t find one I have three new ones, I’d sell you one. I have empty carts as well. I could do $10 a set of empty carts and $20 for the resetter plus shipping- if your in the USA

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jessierich19 said:

I would love that. I would take both the cartridges and the resetter. Just let me know where I can pay you, and how to order. Thanks a lot!

Not a problem- I do need to clarify, my cartridges do not have chips on them. They are pointless with Chipless firmware so I didn’t pay extra for the chips.

I can make a custom listing for you on eBay if that’s okay.

Edited by johnson4

12 minutes ago, Jessierich19 said:

So if I’m goin to install the chipless firmware I don’t need the cartridges correct? eBay would be fine. Just tell me what you need.

Right, The Xp-15000 Cartridge chips are pointless. They are one time use chips, meaning you have to replace the chips everytime they read empty. 

With the chipless firmware you do not need chips, the printer " thinks" there are chips there when there isn't. 

So these cartridges will work normally, as long as you make your printer chipless. 

13 minutes ago, Jessierich19 said:

I would need carts with chips if I’m going to install the chipless firmware?

You don't need chips on the cartridges if you install the chipless firmware. I'll make a listing and send it to you. So one waste tank resetter and 1 cartridge set?

Edited by johnson4

12 minutes ago, Jessierich19 said:

Hey johnson4 could you make a listing for another set of cartridges, if you have them?I would like to have one set for cleaning solution too. Btw what kind and where could I get a good cleaning solution that works well with the xp15000? Thanks a ton buddy.

I can, let me double check that I have them. I should. 

As for cleaning solution, it’s one of those situations where you try several and keep what you like. I personally make my own. 

1 hour ago, Jessierich19 said:

How do you make your cleaning solution? Would love to know what I can use and not damage anything. Thanks buddy

Alcohol is bad to use, generally buying cleaner is the best practice. I’ve been doing this for about 6 years now, and definitely damaged my share of printheads from trying to make a cleaner. 

Question for anyone who wants to answer it. Do you need to program the printer to make the cartridges chipless? Do you need to do it if you are using a maintenance tank resetter? Where can you go to and download the chipless files? What else do I need to download to convert the printer?

1 hour ago, Jessierich19 said:

Question for anyone who wants to answer it. Do you need to program the printer to make the cartridges chipless? Do you need to do it if you are using a maintenance tank resetter? Where can you go to and download the chipless files? What else do I need to download to convert the printer?

Yes, you need Chipless firmware to the tune of $50. Chiplesssolutions.com is where I go. 

the Chipless doesn’t work in the maintenance tank, so you need the tank resetter for it, or you could just buy replacement waste tanks at around $15 each- which is going to be the expensive route.

You need rip software, roughly $500. Ink, powder, film. Remove the rollers, and plan on breaking something.

2 minutes ago, Jessierich19 said:

Thanks for the answers Johnson4. I really appreciate your help. Btw have you sent out the two sets of cartridges and resetter for the xp 15000 yet? Just checking buddy.

Not yet, I couldn’t get to it yesterday, I’ll have them out tomorrow though no worries.

51 minutes ago, davekk said:

The chiplesssolutions.com's firmware activation wasn't very smooth. In my case it was the third key from them that finally activated it. Took about a week overall. Just to let you know that the activation may be a hassle.

Yea, Chipless firmware overall sometimes can be a pain in the butt, especially for new users. One time I spent like 12 hours straight trying to do just that on a DTG p600. Now I do it in less than 5 minutes usually. The xp-15000 did take me a few tries to get  right. 

the process/software/firmware from both inkchip.net and chiplesssolutions are the same to me. I have even used ones activation software with the others key and it worked- pretty sure they are the same- or one bootlegged the others process. I know inkchip came after chiplesssolutions/2manuals. 

fortunately for me, I have never encountered this issue, the same key works on the printer over and over again so when I messed up the firmware, it was easy to try again. I’m not sure if they changed things or maybe gave you a bum key, glad it’s working out though. 

Edited by johnson4

I’m getting ready to hook up my Xp15000 and convert it. What are some of the things I need to do or keep in mind when setting it up? I know I have to install chipless firmware. What about things with the printer though. Like things to keep it from updating on its own. What do I need to do for that? After I put the cartridges in and make it chipless do I need to reset the maintenence tank at this point or just when it runs out of ink? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On 4/18/2021 at 12:58 PM, johnson4 said:

Also, if someone wants a license for the XP-15000 for EKprint at a slight discount, I’m selling mine for $300, one activation, one pc. 

Is it a requirement to use the EKprint software? 

Having a hard time with my XP15000 and Acrorip 10.3. I was printing fine one night. But now everytime it starts to print I get a paper jam. I have tried just about everything. It will take the paper just fine and then a few seconds after printing just stop. Someone said to cover a sensor, but I just cannot find it and not sure of what else to try at this point. I have been messing with it for over a week and the same thing every time. 

46 minutes ago, Janelle022412 said:

Having a hard time with my XP15000 and Acrorip 10.3. I was printing fine one night. But now everytime it starts to print I get a paper jam. I have tried just about everything. It will take the paper just fine and then a few seconds after printing just stop. Someone said to cover a sensor, but I just cannot find it and not sure of what else to try at this point. I have been messing with it for over a week and the same thing every time.

Edited by johnson4