Jump to content

Epson XP 15000 DTF conversion


Recommended Posts

I have also the dreaded message with the error and will not print at all.  How to convert it back to Epson's firmware? 

Why they sell chipless for that printer if it will not work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Boyan said:

I have also the dreaded message with the error and will not print at all.  How to convert it back to Epson's firmware? 

Why they sell chipless for that printer if it will not work?

Chipless does work, you just need to take pre caution to prevent Epson from causing these issues. 
 

disable the Epson status monitor, and disable the printers WiFi. Reset/restart the printer, works great. If the printer pops up an update is available, you did something wrong and will run into issues.

 

just run the update to convert it back, more than likely. 

Edited by johnson4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

Chipless does work, you just need to take pre caution to prevent Epson from causing these issues. 
 

disable the Epson status monitor, and disable the printers WiFi. Reset/restart the printer, works great. 

i can not find any other way of disabling the status monitor than unchecking all boxes   on the monitoring preferences.  i dont use the wifi and also there  seems to be no place from where to disable it

 

Edited by Boyan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Boyan said:

i can not find any other way of disabling the status monitor than unchecking all boxes   on the monitoring preferences.  i dont use the wifi and also there  seems to be no place from where to disable it

 

Wicreset can disable it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, reptilesink said:

Wicreset can disable it.

It’s also it the Epson driver/printer properties. You have to uncheck “ enable Epson status monitor 3”. 
 

what I mean by disable the WiFi, is just don’t connect it to a network. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Specifically: 

search: printers ( click manage the printer, or whatever method to find the printer)

go to: Printing Preferences

then: Utility

Then: Speed and Progress

Add A Check to: Disable Epson Status Monitor 3 Utility.

Save.

Disable The Wifi, by not connecting it to your wireless internet on the printer.

 

Once you've done this, you still need to power cycle the printer, I unplug it while it's on, press and hold the power button for a 30 seconds-minute. Replug, reboot, should be good to go. Sometimes you have to do that a couple times. However, once it's disabled properly, you won't need to deal with that again. 

 

I know it seems weird, but back in the day that's how they all were.  I don't think chip less came around until like 2016-2017 anyway. To me, It's fantastic, even with quirks. It beats paying OEM prices for ink chips all day long, even with some quirks. 

 

The reason the xp-15000 is a PITA is because its a newer " guaranteed epson genuine ink". Meaning, they auto push updates, and when they do it caues " fake" issues until you update it. When installing, they don't even give you the option of not updating the printer on them. I feel like all the new gen printers will be like this, which is why the old gen printers are getting more expensive and scarce. 

Edited by johnson4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Specifically: 

search: printers ( click manage the printer, or whatever method to find the printer)

go to: Printing Preferences

then: Utility

Then: Speed and Progress

Add A Check to: Disable Epson Status Monitor 3 Utility.

Save.

Disable The Wifi, by not connecting it to your wireless internet on the printer.

 

Once you've done this, you still need to power cycle the printer, I unplug it while it's on, press and hold the power button for a 30 seconds-minute. Replug, reboot, should be good to go. Sometimes you have to do that a couple times. However, once it's disabled properly, you won't need to deal with that again. 

 

I know it seems weird, but back in the day that's how they all were.  I don't think chip less came around until like 2016-2017 anyway. To me, It's fantastic, even with quirks. It beats paying OEM prices for ink chips all day long, even with some quirks. 

 

The reason the xp-15000 is a PITA is because its a newer " guaranteed epson genuine ink". Meaning, they auto push updates, and when they do it caues " fake" issues until you update it. When installing, they don't even give you the option of not updating the printer on them. I feel like all the new gen printers will be like this, which is why the old gen printers are getting more expensive and scarce. 

Thanks. 

Did all that. again reloaded firmware nw2017 ,successfully , registered successfully, but still printing blank pages. i wish i just bought the resettable cartridges. any idea what to do from here? if there is a way to load back epsons original firmware i will be happy to do that

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Boyan said:

Thanks. 

Did all that. again reloaded firmware nw2017 ,successfully , registered successfully, but still printing blank pages. i wish i just bought the resettable cartridges. any idea what to do from here? if there is a way to load back epsons original firmware i will be happy to do that

 

They don’t have resetting cartridges for the xp 15000, they are one time use chips, so you have to buy them every time. 
 

if it’s blank pages, probably the wrong firmware. Did you use the one on the main page, or the instructions page? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

They don’t have resetting cartridges for the xp 15000, they are one time use chips, so you have to buy them every time. 
 

if it’s blank pages, probably the wrong firmware. Did you use the one on the main page, or the instructions page? 

Overall, getting the Chipless installed correctly is the only real way to use this printer. 
 

some people have trouble with it, some don’t. After loading the firmware and rebooting the printer, try another hard reset( no power, power cycle). 
 

once it works, you don’t have to do it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Overall, getting the Chipless installed correctly is the only real way to use this printer. 
 

some people have trouble with it, some don’t. After loading the firmware and rebooting the printer, try another hard reset( no power, power cycle). 
 

once it works, you don’t have to do it again.

Weird but good thing on my end...I've noticed that the print ink levels on my XP1500 are staying full after making it chipless. I've printed about 10 full A3 size papers so far for testing and they haven't budged. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mdrake2016 said:

Weird but good thing on my end...I've noticed that the print ink levels on my XP1500 are staying full after making it chipless. I've printed about 10 full A3 size papers so far for testing and they haven't budged. 

That’s good to hear, maybe they have released an updated version or something, that was my main issue with it for roll printing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wanted to warn people to check Task Scheduler in Windows 10 if you've installed the Epson Updater at some point. I just had my chipless XP-15000 go bonkers during a cleaning and will have to return it. It didnt' have wifi and I un-installed the updater software but i noticed after a search that an Epson update task had just run in the scheduler right around the time the error happened.

Sneaky!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, HalfProcess said:

Just wanted to warn people to check Task Scheduler in Windows 10 if you've installed the Epson Updater at some point. I just had my chipless XP-15000 go bonkers during a cleaning and will have to return it. It didnt' have wifi and I un-installed the updater software but i noticed after a search that an Epson update task had just run in the scheduler right around the time the error happened.

Sneaky!

Thank you for the update, I'm sure It will help. I bet that was Aggravating figuring out, lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Just a random side note if you are using the Epson P400 P600 P800 and notice after 30-60 consecutive roll prints, then the printer randomly says " paper out" and spits the film out, It's overheating. 

It's funny, It took me several days to figure this out. Originally, my DIY machine and printer sit right in front of a mini split unit and I had printed upwards of 150 10-12" long prints ( half roll) at once before with only pausing halfway through to change the ink carts. Never had an issue. 

 

Made a new p400 conversion with Andy's shaker, put it in the corner, kept having the film spitting out issue after around the same amount of time, thought it was the printer/usb/wifi signal. Swapped the printers, the issue didn't follow the printer, rather the location. That's when I realized it, Installed two USB fans on the back of the printers blowing on the mainboard/heatsink. not an issue since. I'm sure this will apply to any converted printer, USB fans are cheap, fans in general really, I'm shocked to see the printhead not have a single issue after a few thousand prints, most of them being hundreds at a time, Seems like it would overheat the head eventually but it hasn't. 

 

Just incase that helps someone. 

Edited by johnson4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

Just a random side note if you are using the Epson P400 P600 P800 and notice after 30-60 consecutive roll prints, then the printer randomly says " paper out" and spits the film out, It's overheating. 

 

Did the printer literally unroll the whole roll? That must have been a pain to roll up again lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

Did the printer literally unroll the whole roll? That must have been a pain to roll up again lol

Oh, no that would suck! It just unrolls about 4 feet or so. It ruins the last 5 prints when it does it, fortunately for me I’m good at jumping over boxes ( not really) and get to it to stop it before it ruins them. 
 

It was an aggravating ( and time consuming) experience for sure. Some $10 fans and it’s fixed though, so lesson learned.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 4/18/2021 at 2:58 PM, johnson4 said:

It’s been roll printing for about an hour. So In stock form, no modifications, it will roll print. The carts need refilled every so often, which you can do in the printer. 
 

resetting the ink without spitting out the film works great. 
 

overall, the Epson XP-15000 successfully rolls prints without issue and minimal maintenance to keep it going, for a $200 printer, it’s doing great. 


Also, if someone wants a license for the XP-15000 for EKprint at a slight discount, I’m selling mine for $300, one activation, one pc. 

Do you still have this for sale?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mommyof52010 said:

OK, Thank you. Any certain brand or style of film or DTF ink that you have found is better? Ive been doing alot of research and just ordered printer, now ordering materials.

The stuff from DTFsuperstore is what I like and use, they are currently sold out of the powder I normally use(which is very good), so I haven’t used the other stuff they offer. The ink and film is very good. I’ve tried a few different suppliers, out of them all though price/quality can’t be beat from them, from my experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m real new to this and I am getting ready to buy the printer. Could someone dumb down the answer for me and explain the whole chipless, and chip resetter part? What do I need to buy? What does chipless mean? And how do you use the chip resetter. If someone would answer these questions I would be extremely appreciative. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jessierich19 said:

I’m real new to this and I am getting ready to buy the printer. Could someone dumb down the answer for me and explain the whole chipless, and chip resetter part? What do I need to buy? What does chipless mean? And how do you use the chip resetter. If someone would answer these questions I would be extremely appreciative. Thank you.

The chip resetter for the 15000 is for the waste tank only. you just put the chip reader on the waste tank chip, clean out the tank and reuse it. 
 

the Chipless firmware is pretty basic, sometimes new users struggle with it but with some persistence it’s fine. You just open a program, and it downgrades the firmware. You buy a “key” which goes into another program and makes it not require ink chips, all the ink chips on the market are good for one use- you don’t want that. Chipless is just that- self resetting counters without ink chips. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...