Epson XP-15000 Setup

JTS

9 hours ago, Jessica may said:

Can anyone tell me why I am not laying any ink down? Added external waste tank and removed rollers and the regular ink would not even print. For the life of me I cannot figure it out.

If it doesn’t print before you convert it, probably a problem with the printer. 

• 1 month later...

Help!

I recently bought an Epson XP15000 printer and I converted it to a DTF printer. I have the ciss program installed as well as the Acrorip 10.5 program for the printing but for some reason whenever I try to print through the printer the pages come out black and if I try to print though the Acrorip program the printer does not respond at all. Any ideas on what could be wrong with my set up?

7 hours ago, logan.t said:

Help!

I recently bought an Epson XP15000 printer and I converted it to a DTF printer. I have the ciss program installed as well as the Acrorip 10.5 program for the printing but for some reason whenever I try to print through the printer the pages come out black and if I try to print though the Acrorip program the printer does not respond at all. Any ideas on what could be wrong with my set up?

Make sure it’s set to rear feed. Make sure your film is detected by printer, needs to be opaque film, not clear. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok very first set up here, got everything done, all firmware, ekstudio demo, etc. but design doesnt print out?  I tried test print and lines look perfect, but during design print the print head just sits in the middle of the film, then periodically shoots back to the right side, returns to the center of the film and repeats, but nothing prints?  Any ideas on what to try?

11 hours ago, AMartinez said:

Couldn't edit previous comment so here is the video, and it printed fine with regular ink, and like I said also prints test page, just no actual image, and I have tried multiple png files as well.

It possibly could be looking for the paper. The film your using looks rather see through, the 15000 needs a more opaque film. Try feeding film with a sheet of paper at the same time, or simply printing on a sheet of paper. If that doesn’t change anything, it’s some setting with EKprint. 

57 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

It possibly could be looking for the paper. The film your using looks rather see through, the 15000 needs a more opaque film. Try feeding film with a sheet of paper at the same time, or simply printing on a sheet of paper. If that doesn’t change anything, it’s some setting with EKprint. 

I had considered the film but figured since it was picking it up to feed that should be good, however now realizing I have it set to manual feeding, I'll try when I get home you may be right, thank you.

Which film do you use that works well?

1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

Actually I saw on another post that you use Andy's film, is that from dtgstore?  If so they seem to be sold out, and also does he have any rolls?  I only see sheets in the store.  any alternatives that will work with xp 15000?

Nevermind I found it in stock, search kept taking me to an out of stock film for some reason.  Still would love to know where you bought the roll that you use with the xp 15000?

Edited by AMartinez

1 hour ago, AMartinez said:

Damn editing isn't working, scratch that last comment,

Is Andy's film from dtfsuperstore?  If so thats where I got this roll from. The link I clicked on opendtg for film, took me to dtfsuperstore.

Does the printer print with regular paper? 

Damn editing isn't working, scratch that last comment,

Is Andy's film from dtfsuperstore?  If so thats where I got this roll from. The link I clicked on opendtg for film, took me to dtfsuperstore.

This website and DTFsuperstore are the same people, yes. 

if it’s printing on paper and not the film, then yea you need a more opaque film. It doesn’t mean something is wrong with the film, some work better than others for conversions. Something like economy may be more opaque, the double sided film is more opaque. 

I did use Andy’s film, but I sourced my own because I liked the matte finish better, which he didn’t offer at the time. 

you can trick the printer with a sticker on the front edge of the film as a “ registration”   Making it think it’s paper to see if that’s it though.

something I just remembered, if it’s an option, paper width check and size need to be off. I don’t remember if the 15000 had this option. 

there is a light sensor that reads the edge of the paper on the bottom of the carriage.

On 2/2/2022 at 10:31 AM, johnson4 said:

if it’s printing on paper and not the film, then yea you need a more opaque film. It doesn’t mean something is wrong with the film, some work better than others for conversions. Something like economy may be more opaque, the double sided film is more opaque. 

I did use Andy’s film, but I sourced my own because I liked the matte finish better, which he didn’t offer at the time. 

you can trick the printer with a sticker on the front edge of the film as a “ registration”   Making it think it’s paper to see if that’s it though.

something I just remembered, if it’s an option, paper width check and size need to be off. I don’t remember if the 15000 had this option. 

there is a light sensor that reads the edge of the paper on the bottom of the carriage.

Thanks for this info, sorry I've been so busy past few days, so it didnthe same thing on regular paper, so then I did a nozzle check test print and that still did print, although the magenta seemed to be clogged all of a sudden, so the last thing I did was take the ink out and run a couple of cleaning cycles with cleaner carts in.  So I will just be getting back to it this afternoon with a fresh magenta cart.  I will check those settings you mentioned, I do believe I saw something like that paper check setting.  Thanks again, hopefully I can nail this down and get to it.

It is prob. checking paper widht. And cannot recognize dtf film at all so it prints empty. You need to put a white sticker on film so sensor sees paper and starts to print. 

Note that you should put sticker on Max width of paper, if you stick half for example it will print as wide as your sticker so it would print half of image.

On 2/2/2022 at 10:31 AM, johnson4 said:

Ok I'm halfway there!  I cleaned it installed newly filled carts, and it prints perfectly on paper.  So now I have to try to get it to see the film, One thing is that it keeps pulling from the cassette not from the rear feeder, is that just because it doesn't see the film, or is there a setting to only allow it to pull from the rear?

6 hours ago, anum11 said:

It is prob. checking paper widht. And cannot recognize dtf film at all so it prints empty. You need to put a white sticker on film so sensor sees paper and starts to print. 

Note that you should put sticker on Max width of paper, if you stick half for example it will print as wide as your sticker so it would print half of image.

I finally got it!  i did have to disable the check paper setting, got it to see the paper with a strip of white vinyl on the edge, its all i have, going to go buy thin white tape tomorrow.  Are there any other ways to get it to see the film that anyone knows of?  Unfortunately I have to keep it on manual feed, even with the white strip it wants to pull from the paper cassette rather than the rear feeder.

Also the white is missing very fine details of the color and not covering it all, what would be the setting to play with to tweak that?  I have it set to 1440x1440 for both color and white

I finally got it!  i did have to disable the check paper setting, got it to see the paper with a strip of white vinyl on the edge, its all i have, going to go buy thin white tape tomorrow.  Are there any other ways to get it to see the film that anyone knows of?  Unfortunately I have to keep it on manual feed, even with the white strip it wants to pull from the paper cassette rather than the rear feeder.

Also the white is missing very fine details of the color and not covering it all, what would be the setting to play with to tweak that?  I have it set to 1440x1440 for both color and white

The sensor on the bottom of the printhead is a light sensor, using thicker film works. There are other ways, but that and the strip of tape are the easiest. 

29 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

The sensor on the bottom of the printhead is a light sensor, using thicker film works. There are other ways, but that and the strip of tape are the easiest. 

awesome.  One last question, I already have to empty the waste tank, i have a resetter, i pulled the tank out pulled the lid off, but there is material inside that is soaked in ink, how do you drain it to reuse the same tank?

awesome.  One last question, I already have to empty the waste tank, i have a resetter, i pulled the tank out pulled the lid off, but there is material inside that is soaked in ink, how do you drain it to reuse the same tank?

I just pulled out the cotton, left the top off and put it back in. Whenever it needs reset, it’s about half full

or so. I just empty it then.

Hi guys I have some issue let me explain from beginning I bought a xp15000 I did a convert to dtf by installing a chipless firmware from inkchip.net refill cartridge with nano droplets dtf ink https://www.dtf.technology/product/dtf-ink/

But my printer can't print now even when I I try to do nozzle check the paper is blank dtf is blank I did even 2 dtf sheet together to make lest transparent and nothing then I try to use other set.of refillable cartridge with cleaning solution from same website as I thought that maybe is already some clogs but I'm sure that printer is working properly as before installing the chipless firmware i have to install oryginał ink for initiating and I print 2 nozzle check and everything was fine I'm using acrorip 10.3 and windows 11 and all the time I got error command printer so I try demo ekrip and I cannot even put nuzzle chcek from ekrip printer do not respond and when I use simple text and try to print it the paper is blank without anything please if anyone knows any solution