CADlink Is pretty Great

So, I'm using the trial version while waiting on my purchase to arrive. While the stock ink settings are INSANELY high, I've managed to get them about right in about two hours of tinkering and getting used to navigating the program. 

Just putting it out there, this software IS AMAZING and actually pretty simple to use, After that initial " shock".  The color accuracy is something I haven't seen before, Compared to EKprint, This is by FAR better in that aspect for sure.  

Greens, purples, pinks, all coming out almost perfect, while all the colors seem to "pop" more than I have ever seen. The best part, It actually prints twice as fast as EKprint, somehow laying down more ink than I could imagine without any lines or whatnot from the lower resolution. Of course, I'm using Andy's supplies/ inks.

Yes it has some bugs, Yes it seems rushed to market. Yes I think they will fix things and make it more user friendly for the DTF market. I'm not even going to bring up the 2-3 updates that EKprint has put out fixing bugs to their changes for DTF. 

I'm actually kind of sad that I didn't know about or use this for DTG.

I'll update this thread as I move forward with it, But I feel like its a diamond in the rough. 

Edited by johnson4

18 hours ago, johnson4 said:

So, I'm using the trial version while waiting on my purchase to arrive. While the stock ink settings are INSANELY high, I've managed to get them about right in about two hours of tinkering and getting used to navigating the program. 

Just putting it out there, this software IS AMAZING and actually pretty simple to use, After that initial " shock".  The color accuracy is something I haven't seen before, Compared to EKprint, This is by FAR better in that aspect for sure.  

Greens, purples, pinks, all coming out almost perfect, while all the colors seem to "pop" more than I have ever seen. The best part, It actually prints twice as fast as EKprint, somehow laying down more ink than I could imagine without any lines or whatnot from the lower resolution. Of course, I'm using Andy's supplies/ inks.

Yes it has some bugs, Yes it seems rushed to market. Yes I think they will fix things and make it more user friendly for the DTF market. I'm not even going to bring up the 2-3 updates that EKprint has put out fixing bugs to their changes for DTF. 

I'm actually kind of sad that I didn't know about or use this for DTG.

I'll update this thread as I move forward with it, But I feel like its a diamond in the rough. 

Agreed, once you get used to it, we find it is easier to use than Kothari. We used it to print DTG. Where did you find the demo for the DTF version?

29 minutes ago, shabby said:

Agreed, once you get used to it, we find it is easier to use than Kothari. We used it to print DTG. Where did you find the demo for the DTF version?

I went to their website, downloaded the wrong trial, then emailed them. Lol. Seems like they would have it on the website. 

he sent it over, they said it’s for 15 days, but it’s for 30, at least that’s what the countdown says. No restrictions or watermarks. 

Edited by johnson4

19 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

Actually, you need to email a “dealer”

Actually, you need to email a “dealer” for DTF.

i don’t think they’ve got all there stuff lined up, because right now would be when people are searching for this stuff. It’s not mentioned on their website except for “ compatibility”. I suspect is because they are working on it still. 

basically, what I’m saying is, the whole process is complicated instead of:

here’s a trial 

here is how to get your first print

heres where you adjust your ink( or even better, here’s a profile for your printer that you can adjust “here” for your ink). 

When you contact them, they seem confused on what you mean by “ adjusting ink” and point you to the image adjustments.

and here are all these awesome editing features. 

I can vouch for the fact that it does Print fantastic colors, has a ton of useful features, and in due time will be fantastic and probably more “ user friendly” on the setup side. 

The fact that I bought it should say something( Andy would know what I’m talking about), however, also like I said I don’t think they have everything in order just yet. 

i will say, support, better than anything I’ve ever encountered in my life in terms of support on a $395 software. When they do finalize and get the public educated, given its before another company gets in there, it will be the “go to” program I’m sure. 

stock, the program immediately floods your film, I’d say it’s printing at max ink. It should be set up with what is needed for X printer, instead of just the driver. 

for example, it runs my white at 80% stock, but 25%(ish) is what is needed for the p400, it does have a “ test print”  function to find out what ink settings you should run. 

overall, in some time, I’m wiling to bet it will be easier and better. 

I just emailed the support on the website. They guy corrected an issue, and it is indeed only a 15 day trial. 

Edited by johnson4

I’m using the trial myself and yes, it IS really easy to use.  It is the first RIP I’ve tried for DTF that actually printed without flooding too much ink on the sheet or lines in the print. 
The only issue I’m having so far is... I’m using an Epson R3000 and the ink channels are hard coded to using the light colors for white inks and my printer is configured for YMCK-WWWW.  It seems the P400 and the P600 are hard coded as well so I’m hoping they will update this issue soon.

4 minutes ago, JaRugz said:

I’m using the trial myself and yes, it IS really easy to use.  It is the first RIP I’ve tried for DTF that actually printed without flooding too much ink on the sheet or lines in the print. 
The only issue I’m having so far is... I’m using an Epson R3000 and the ink channels are hard coded to using the light colors for white inks and my printer is configured for YMCK-WWWW.  It seems the P400 and the P600 are hard coded as well so I’m hoping they will update this issue soon.

They are, for me, using the p400, it’s a non issue. Stock settings it flooded my film. Almost like it’s setup for DTG. 

the guy said they are working on an update to change that. Still, a small price to pay for the features. 

Edited by johnson4

1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

They are, for me, using the p400, it’s a non issue. Stock settings it flooded my film. Almost like it’s setup for DTG. 

the guy said they are working on an update to change that. Still, a small price to pay for the features. 

I didn’t have any flooding at all with the installed settings.  I was kinda surprised since every other RIPs I’ve tried flooded the sheet with ink.  I even got a REALLY good print with white “underbase” turned off and tested on a white shirt, you could barely feel the print on the shirt.  

I do hope that update comes soon.  That would be great for a lot of people.

17 minutes ago, JaRugz said:

I didn’t have any flooding at all with the installed settings.  I was kinda surprised since every other RIPs I’ve tried flooded the sheet with ink.  I even got a REALLY good print with white “underbase” turned off and tested on a white shirt, you could barely feel the print on the shirt.  

I do hope that update comes soon.  That would be great for a lot of people.

Something I’m noticing, different suppliers have different settings. Like for example the kingdom dtf doesn’t have the same options as the website guys trial. The one I have says p400, etc. the one on kingdom DTF you use the R2000 driver, for example. As well, the R2000 version doesn’t let me change it from YMCKWWWW, or WWWWYMCK like the website trial does. 

this is what I got the first time, with stock settings, except I turned the white down knowing this would happen, so that’s about half the original white/cmyk In the bottom photo. 

4076995C-AFD5-4537-9A83-E88FF4EC4A14.jpeg

Edited by johnson4

Yeh...that’s a huge difference.

when I printed with the R3000, all the colors were mixed.... but the “underbase” printed in CYAN and there was very little ink on the sheet even though there was full coverage over the colors.  With all the other rips I’ve tried, there was just too much ink and streak lines in some of the prints.

Another thing I notices was the colors are much brighter than with other rips.

im currently watching the video of the CADlink DTF Webinar, and there are some really interesting features for DTF printers in this software.

7 minutes ago, JaRugz said:

Yeh...that’s a huge difference.

when I printed with the R3000, all the colors were mixed.... but the “underbase” printed in CYAN and there was very little ink on the sheet even though there was full coverage over the colors.  With all the other rips I’ve tried, there was just too much ink and streak lines in some of the prints.

Another thing I notices was the colors are much brighter than with other rips.

im currently watching the video of the CADlink DTF Webinar, and there are some really interesting features for DTF printers in this software.

Yea, I watched that previously, mmkay. ( you’ll get it, lol) The sucky part is you can’t export any of those changed photos, so if your position requires showing what they will receive, based on the modifications from the program, you’ll need to use the built in “ gimp” as I’m told. No export option, as I’m told. Not really something I can use unless I can show my customers what they will be receiving. 

im sure I can easily find a way around it, but kind of “ odd” to not be able to do that unless it’s some sort of agreement they have with the image processor they are using. 

I noticed checking “ show advanced options” allows me to choose the ink order again, and a few other things. 

the colors are amazing, and that’s the main thing that has me focusing on it. I’ve never had streaking, lines ,etc in EKprint but the colors just don’t pop like they do on this program. 

what would really make them shine is if those “ drivers” they use installed “pre-set” settings for each printer it supports. Of course it can be edited, but a tested, good ink output, so everyone experiences what you did with “printing out of the box”. That mixed with their support level, and overall function would make this program probably the only “real” choice out there for the price. 

25 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

Yea, I watched that previously, mmkay. ( you’ll get it, lol) The sucky part is you can’t export any of those changed photos, so if your position requires showing what they will receive, based on the modifications from the program, you’ll need to use the built in “ gimp” as I’m told. No export option, as I’m told. Not really something I can use unless I can show my customers what they will be receiving. 

im sure I can easily find a way around it, but kind of “ odd” to not be able to do that unless it’s some sort of agreement they have with the image processor they are using. 

I noticed checking “ show advanced options” allows me to choose the ink order again, and a few other things. 

the colors are amazing, and that’s the main thing that has me focusing on it. I’ve never had streaking, lines ,etc in EKprint but the colors just don’t pop like they do on this program. 

what would really make them shine is if those “ drivers” they use installed “pre-set” settings for each printer it supports. Of course it can be edited, but a tested, good ink output, so everyone experiences what you did with “printing out of the box”. That mixed with their support level, and overall function would make this program probably the only “real” choice out there for the price. 

For example, if it DID print well out of the box, given its other features, I’d easily have paid twice the price for it after the trial, and I’m a Scrooge when it comes to financial decisions.

Edited by johnson4

Yes....the colors are amazing.  I could never get those colors with other rips. I was wondering if I got a bad batch of inks or film. Also, I would either get too much white ink or a lot of streaking lines.

For example, if it DID print well out of the box, given its other features, I’d easily have paid twice the price for it after the trial, and I’m a Scrooge when it comes to financial decisions.

Lol....I know what you mean....

I want to recant my previous statement about the support, apparently that’s just until they get you to purchase it. 

I have two major issues with the software functioning and my questions are being ignored. I mean, I’m being replied to, but my questions are being ignored. Generally, I’m not “challenged” by these things and my questions are about issues that prevent use overall. I’m not saying they aren’t due to me,  could be, overall it seems they could care less. 

I’m going to see if the input/output color profiles they use will work with EKprint to make the colors any better within EKprint.

At the moment, while it has great features, I jumped the gun on bragging about the support, yes it prints great colors, but that doesn’t help me when the program closes by itself randomly( due to the print queue), and the print queue becomes unresponsive after every print. Not to mention the other issues. 

for those who want to think it’s my PC, it’s a new gaming laptop, i7, 3ghz 6 core with a freshly installed, updated windows 10 OS. Well above the minimum requirements. 

good luck and happy printing! 

6 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

I’m also going to copy over the CMYK density curve data over to EKprint and see if that helps alongside the profiles. I’ll update the results, in case anyone else is having major issues with the stability of the program.  

I want to recant my previous statement about the support, apparently that’s just until they get you to purchase it. 

I have two major issues with the software functioning and my questions are being ignored. I mean, I’m being replied to, but my questions are being ignored. Generally, I’m not “challenged” by these things and my questions are about issues that prevent use overall. I’m not saying they aren’t due to me,  could be, overall it seems they could care less. 

I’m going to see if the input/output color profiles they use will work with EKprint to make the colors any better within EKprint.

At the moment, while it has great features, I jumped the gun on bragging about the support, yes it prints great colors, but that doesn’t help me when the program closes by itself randomly( due to the print queue), and the print queue becomes unresponsive after every print. Not to mention the other issues. 

for those who want to think it’s my PC, it’s a new gaming laptop, i7, 3ghz 6 core with a freshly installed, updated windows 10 OS. Well above the minimum requirements. 

good luck and happy printing! 

I had that issue also, I was able to get one print to work then the rip became unresponsive the next print. Are you still using the demo or are you using the dongle?

50 minutes ago, shabby said:

I had that issue also, I was able to get one print to work then the rip became unresponsive the next print. Are you still using the demo or are you using the dongle?

Both do it. USB or WiFi, does the same thing.

Trial or dongle, still does it. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or not, nothing says anything and I’m being ignored by the regional sales manager on my questions. All the tools are there( teamviewer) to log on and see that and help, but instead they want to talk about it’s features and ignore requests on the actually functioning side of it. 

USB will actually print and go to reserved, but never prints the 2nd time, unless I unplug and replug the USB port on the printer. WiFi freezes the program and force closes it, a restart s needed to print once more, because the queue is still frozen. 

Edited by johnson4

Trial or dongle, still does it. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or not, nothing says anything and I’m being ignored by the regional sales manager on my questions. All the tools are there( teamviewer) to log on and see that and help, but instead they want to talk about it’s features and ignore requests on the actually functioning side of it. 

USB will actually print and go to reserved, but never prints the 2nd time, unless I unplug and replug the USB port on the printer. WiFi freezes the program and force closes it, a restart s needed to print once more, because the queue is still frozen. 

I had the same issue it would never print a second time. I thought it was a timing out issue. I really wanted to test the features so each time I wanted to test a feature I had to uninstall and reinstall. Tried on 3 different computers same problem. I got someone from the company to help via teamviewer, it worked while they were logged in my computer, but stopped working after I got off the phone with them. I had a second call with a gentleman from cadlink and he referred me to my local "dealer" but they never called. Seems like if you are not spending big money with them they push you to the side.

9 minutes ago, shabby said:

I had the same issue it would never print a second time. I thought it was a timing out issue. I really wanted to test the features so each time I wanted to test a feature I had to uninstall and reinstall. Tried on 3 different computers same problem. I got someone from the company to help via teamviewer, it worked while they were logged in my computer, but stopped working after I got off the phone with them. I had a second call with a gentleman from cadlink and he referred me to my local "dealer" but they never called. Seems like if you are not spending big money with them they push you to the side.

That’s unfortunate. Do you know what they did? 

I’m sure I can figure something out eventually, even their license files doesn’t seem all that well put together. 

I’ll update here if I ever figure it out. I’m glad I’m not crazy, their responses make it seem that way. 

Edited by johnson4

5 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

That’s unfortunate. Do you know what they did? 

I’m sure I can figure something out eventually, even their license files doesn’t seem all that well put together. 

I’ll update here if I ever figure it out. I’m glad I’m not crazy, their responses make it seem that way. 

They printed a few times on their end. I remember getting a license file error a few times but they did nothing to solve it. Yes their responses make it seems we are to blame. I hope they will take the time to figure out the issue. 

4 minutes ago, shabby said:

They printed a few times on their end. I remember getting a license file error a few times but they did nothing to solve it. Yes their responses make it seems we are to blame. I hope they will take the time to figure out the issue. 

I’m sure they will eventually, or all these “ dealers” will start dropping them because of the headache and bad view it gives them as a seller. 

But, I’m on the road to making it work, I’m sure eventually it’ll make sense, even if it is user error.