White on red showing pink

Hello! I have just setup our p600 dtf printer from here. I am having trouble getting the white to show up white on colored shirts. Is there ICC profiles for the ink from dtf superstore? Using Acrorip I believe and set the white to 100% but it just pink and very thin. I am hoping there is something else I can try or may have to resort to vinyl which were trying to get away from. 

This print also was set to 100% white under any color pixel. Dtf is obviously new but I can't find a good set of profiles to use with various colors of shirts and acrorip 

image0 (4).jpeg

2 minutes ago, Kd Custom Plus said:

Hello! I have just setup our p600 dtf printer from here. I am having trouble getting the white to show up white on colored shirts. Is there ICC profiles for the ink from dtf superstore? Using Acrorip I believe and set the white to 100% but it just pink and very thin. I am hoping there is something else I can try or may have to resort to vinyl which were trying to get away from. 

This print also was set to 100% white under any color pixel. Dtf is obviously new but I can't find a good set of profiles to use with various colors of shirts and acrorip 

image0 (4).jpeg

I cant say much about Acro, other than if you purchased the one from andy, it comes with the color profiles for andys ink.

I use Ekprint, I do not encounter this problem, In about 10 minutes I had it working well ( I have like 3 years experience + with the program though). 

What ink settings are you running, and what resolution? 

I have some pictures attached for the settings, I got the one from Andy but can't find anything other than the program. 

The program says DTF superstore rip so Im actually not sure what it is. That's awesome about EKprint I may have to look into that as this program has limited information from what I can find

set3.PNG

set 2.PNG

set 1.PNG

It has the same if not more features than EKprint, just a different layout. Your printing at 1440x720 resolution. I print at 1440x1440. 

your white also seems high( if you try 1440x1440), probably mixing with the cmyk ink and causing it to blend. Try 70-75 percent white. 
running at 1440x720 might be fine, you’ll just need to fine tune your ink settings. 

i run 70 percent cmyk, 75 percent white at 1440x1440 and get immaculate results, with EKprint. 

Im pretty sure that’s the one that should come with the color profiles, could message him and ask. 

Edited by johnson4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You likely resolved this already but will put it out there. If this is a 50/50 or other blended shirt the color likely did bleed into the white when you printed/pressed it. If you use a 100% cotton shirt it shouldn't do that. (the picture shows a heathered red shirt)

On 7/18/2021 at 1:21 PM, pyaonline said:

You likely resolved this already but will put it out there. If this is a 50/50 or other blended shirt the color likely did bleed into the white when you printed/pressed it. If you use a 100% cotton shirt it shouldn't do that. (the picture shows a heathered red shirt)

I actually found this problem to be either of the following:

1. Missing nozzles on the white causing the white to not be as opaque. 

2. Ink percentage on the White to be too low. On my XP-15000, running at 1440x1440, any lower than 70% and the color of the shirt showed. 

I tested on 50/50 blends and I never had a dye migration issue if I used the correct settings. Besides that, I’ve even pressed as low as 275 degrees which fights dye migration. Wash test did not affect the print at all. 

• 3 weeks later...