0x55 and printer not detecting roll

I've run into an odd issue here. Inserted a roll into the printer (P600), it detected that I was inserting it and it fed in. Everything seems fine. I start a print and then right when the printhead starts moving, it shows an error 0x55. I restart my printer and it no longer detects the roll. Doing the same thing over and it produces the same error. Any idea why? Thanks.

So cleaning the printhead and letting it sit overnight seemed to have fixed that problem but now I am experiencing something very odd. When I send a print job it does the job but nothing is being printed. The printhead moves over the film like it is printing but no ink is ejecting from it. Ran a printhead cleaning and a nozzle check. The nozzle check wasn't perfect but looked quite normal to me. All colors including white were showing properly on the nozzle check. But when I print a design it doesn't eject any ink. What would cause this?

6 hours ago, elliotiscool said:

So cleaning the printhead and letting it sit overnight seemed to have fixed that problem but now I am experiencing something very odd. When I send a print job it does the job but nothing is being printed. The printhead moves over the film like it is printing but no ink is ejecting from it. Ran a printhead cleaning and a nozzle check. The nozzle check wasn't perfect but looked quite normal to me. All colors including white were showing properly on the nozzle check. But when I print a design it doesn't eject any ink. What would cause this?

I’ve never had this happen unless I had an issue with my ink system/ink flow, or the printhead. But, even then, the nozzles were always missing quite a bit, if not all of them. 

sometimes a simple restart of the PC and power cycle of the printer would fix some strange issues I’ve had though. Just a thought, even though it’s generic. 

hopefully someone can chime in, but I honestly just don’t know. 

Edited by johnson4

21 hours ago, johnson4 said:

I’ve never had this happen unless I had an issue with my ink system/ink flow, or the printhead. But, even then, the nozzles were always missing quite a bit, if not all of them. 

sometimes a simple restart of the PC and power cycle of the printer would fix some strange issues I’ve had though. Just a thought, even though it’s generic. 

hopefully someone can chime in, but I honestly just don’t know. 

Unfortunately I still haven't been able to fix it. I'm also getting a paper out error (when a roll is properly in place) and I suspect that could be causing the issue. Any guidance on where I can find the affected sensor?

On 06.02.2021 at 3:11 AM, elliotiscool said:

That seems like your mainboard and printhead is fried. You most likely started printer when electronics of printhead is wet.

Edited by anum11

so It didn't detect the paper, yet continued to load/print as if it was printing without actually laying ink down? to fix this, you added something for the sensor to read( double layered). After that, it loaded/printing the exact same, except laying ink down this time?

I find that odd as well. I've always just had it eject the paper or error out in some way when that happened. 

Weird, but good to know. I've already had to reference back to the Ekprint feed issue you asked about awhile ago. 

Edited by johnson4

On 2/9/2021 at 6:24 AM, johnson4 said:

so It didn't detect the paper, yet continued to load/print as if it was printing without actually laying ink down? to fix this, you added something for the sensor to read( double layered). After that, it loaded/printing the exact same, except laying ink down this time?

I find that odd as well. I've always just had it eject the paper or error out in some way when that happened. 

Weird, but good to know. I've already had to reference back to the Ekprint feed issue you asked about awhile ago. 

Yup, exactly. This is definitely an odd one. I'm happy I was able to reciprocate some help back your way with the roll feeding.

• Like 1