P600 DTF setup question ....... Chipless

Hi,

Just joined a few days ago, hello to all.....

I just go a P600 that I picked up used, good nozzle test, was a bit pricey.... $770.00

Looking to set it up for DTF printing.

Still getting all the information together, as to what I need and where to get it.

Question... the refill Cartridges, do they need to have a chip. (Auto reset chip). or can the firmware be modified to change the counter (2Manuals.com new Chipless Solution). If so. do you still need the chip in order for the cartridge to be detected, so for example, will the printer still turn on and get to ready state, with no chip on cartridge?

Thanks in advance.

34 minutes ago, St0neD said:

Hi,

Just joined a few days ago, hello to all.....

I just go a P600 that I picked up used, good nozzle test, was a bit pricey.... $770.00

Looking to set it up for DTF printing.

Still getting all the information together, as to what I need and where to get it.

Question... the refill Cartridges, do they need to have a chip. (Auto reset chip). or can the firmware be modified to change the counter (2Manuals.com new Chipless Solution). If so. do you still need the chip in order for the cartridge to be detected, so for example, will the printer still turn on and get to ready state, with no chip on cartridge?

Thanks in advance.

With Chipless firmware, no you don’t need chips. 

Edited by johnson4