I GO TO PRINT FILM JUST ROLLS STRAIGHT OUT

1 hour ago, Andy - Admin said:

Tape about 6 inches of film on top of the beginning of your roll so the printer can see it.

I haven’t tried to do this, good idea. For me it was some setting I had changed. It also does this when it’s loaded incorrectly, like the timing is off in that paper pull so it ejects. Unless we are talking about rolls, which I haven’t tried yet. It sounded like he was talking about sheets which can be troublesome at times in itself. 

Edited by johnson4

7 hours ago, elliotiscool said:

I haven't tried stacking paper behind. Will give that a shot tomorrow. It feeds my film sheets fine (with a little hand guidance when it feeds).

Right, but it also has to feed at a specific time or it just runs it through/says paper jam if the film has slipped at all. The paper load has a very small window from when the ASF is triggered to when the PE sensor is triggered. If that’s out of whack, it just spits it out or errors out. I don’t think I have ever really been successful without using some form of backing other than just the film ( at least the super thin film). 

mine is in “ hibernation mode” while I build this “DIY” automatic powder/cure portion. But I don’t remember if another setting existed Other than the paper size/width setting, Other than the rip settings. I’ll try to check later but that’s all I can remember. 

So after a few tries with paper under the film I was able to get it to feed and perform a print. Unfortunately, after it finished printing, it tried ejecting the roll for several seconds and then gave a paper jam message. It is as if the printer doesn't have the correct settings for a roll and it's trying to eject a sheet. How do I find these settings? I thought I had everything set properly.

printsettings.PNG

1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

Wait, your printing from a roll? Totally missed that and my mistake.  Did you load it into the printer as a roll before trying to print anything? Printing from the RIP software as a roll? 

I pulled out the roll and inserted it just like I would a sheet. Is there a different way I'm supposed to feed it? On EK Print, I couldn't find any dimensions for an actual roll.

3 hours ago, elliotiscool said:

I pulled out the roll and inserted it just like I would a sheet. Is there a different way I'm supposed to feed it? On EK Print, I couldn't find any dimensions for an actual roll.

The P600 correct? There is a photo on the front that shows a photo of a roll of paper. follow those directions it gives you. That paper (film) needs to be loaded as a roll into the printer, instead of a sheet, before you try printing anything as a roll or it will be treated as a sheet.

As for EKprint, you just select Roll in the settings. The print size is the size of the platen you make in the software. So, for example, make a 13X21 ( or whatever) length. or 9,000 width and 15,000 length. You edit this in your Cust.ini file for your custom sizes/platens on ekprint. 720 is 1 inch. 

It doesn't print the full width, or length, unless the image is on that portion. So, make it as big as you want, as long as it's supported. and just place your image the size you want. The P600 can print 12.95" in width. I don't know if length restrictions exist. 

Edited by johnson4

10 hours ago, elliotiscool said:

Are you tring to insert the roll through the same place you put a sheet?   There is a light grey compartment on the back that you pull down and the roll paper goes through there.

Thank you for the help guys. It was a bit of a dumb moment for me when I realized there is a roll feed slot for the printer. I got that all working fine now.

One issue. I feel my print is ejecting way too much film between each print. My dimensions for the printer and EK print are 13 x 14 and it seems to eject way too much film between each print. What is the best way to address this?

15 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

do you have the paper cut turned on? It should suck it back in after you cut it. 

Regarding the paper cut, all I know about it is that once a print is done, the touchscreen has an option to cut or don't cut. When I select don't cut, it does nothing. When I select cut, it ejects even more film. And then when I select that I have finished cutting, it pulls the film back in. By eye, it appears to me that both options result in the same length of ejected film.

3 hours ago, elliotiscool said:

Thank you for the help guys. It was a bit of a dumb moment for me when I realized there is a roll feed slot for the printer. I got that all working fine now.

One issue. I feel my print is ejecting way too much film between each print. My dimensions for the printer and EK print are 13 x 14 and it seems to eject way too much film between each print. What is the best way to address this?

Also remember there are no stupid questions, although it is stupid not to ask.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure this out. It pushes out so much film. Showing all of my settings in the photos and also uploading a video showing how much excess film I get. The image in the EKPrint screenshot may be a little difficult to see. It is just a "1" in the top corners and a "12" in the bottom corners. The image in intentionally a little larger than the length in EKPrint just to see what happens. That is why the 12 appears a little cut off in the video.

20210120_202409.jpg

issue1.PNG