White Powder vs Black Powder?

Fine, course, medium. 

the finer the grain, the more powdery, and the more it sticks to dampness, like the edge. 

thicker the powder, the heavier the adhesive layer( thicker transfer), but doesn’t stick to edge dampness. 

I haven’t had any issues with migration, those things usually only occur over 300-320 degrees for extended periods. The pressing time on these wouldn’t cause that issue, or haven’t in my case. 

Supposedly it has "anti dye migration" but it sounds a little gimmicky to me because I only run into migration issues when I haven't properly cured my print. Mixing black powder on a white back doesn't make sense to me because you would possibly need to use more white ink to offset it in comparison to the white powder.

4 hours ago, elliotiscool said:

Supposedly it has "anti dye migration" but it sounds a little gimmicky to me because I only run into migration issues when I haven't properly cured my print. Mixing black powder on a white back doesn't make sense to me because you would possibly need to use more white ink to offset it in comparison to the white powder.

My thoughts as well. I haven’t run into migration at all. I’m actually pretty sure they sell this same powder as Sublimation on cotton too. ( the white) 

Edited by johnson4

7 hours ago, Ikegwegbe said:

Does the fine powder make the hand feel softer compared to medium or coarse powder

Yes, but the fine powder also sticks to more of the “ dampness” so for small letters and stuff for example, could end up with excess powder around it. 

when you print the ink bubbles up, and that edge, where the ink stops is what I’m talking about. The more course the powder, the less it will stick here. Medium was recommended by Andy for general purpose use.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have problems with the medium powder not brushing off the design before cure?  As in its sticking to the transfer film and not just around the ink and this causes it to show up on dark colored shirts or anything other than white I should say with the white medium powder.

50 minutes ago, Kuipersh said:

Does anyone have problems with the medium powder not brushing off the design before cure?  As in its sticking to the transfer film and not just around the ink and this causes it to show up on dark colored shirts or anything other than white I should say with the white medium powder.

I found that if i let the image dry for 15 min, then powder, i didn't get that happening.

• 1 month later...