Jump to content

Epson L1800, p500 ,P600 (maintenance and peices replacement)


Recommended Posts

Hello Guys , Im new here and my english its like a child ( sorry for that)

Im searching on my country (Spain) some these printer  "L1800,p400 or p600" new on stock and i found  this Prices 

L1800 677€ ,P400 555€ and P600 700€    obviously for this price  the L1800 its a bad choice , but when i search headprinter replacement for p600 i see that´s so expensive (about 500€) and the L1800 about 60€.

Im new in this sector , i hear the white ink damage the printhead easily and i dont know if i prefer buy the L1800 ....

Can you guys help me with my worries ?xD Really the printhead is so easy damaged or with a good mainteance normally dont shows problems?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Daily maintaince prevents immedietly clogging, but still it will build up in head in long run. As this aspect, l1800 will be less usable with same maintaince. So it is really a question of how many prints you need per day and what is your budget.

If you need over 50 prints per day, it is better to go for 8 channel printheads. L1800 is 3 times slower.

If you just want to try this method and don't know where it leads(as hobby) you can start with even a L805. If A3 size is necessary then L1800.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, anum11 said:

Daily maintaince prevents immedietly clogging, but still it will build up in head in long run. As this aspect, l1800 will be less usable with same maintaince. So it is really a question of how many prints you need per day and what is your budget.

If you need over 50 prints per day, it is better to go for 8 channel printheads. L1800 is 3 times slower.

If you just want to try this method and don't know where it leads(as hobby) you can start with even a L805. If A3 size is necessary then L1800.

 I have one head on a p600 goin over two years old with over 8,000 prints on it, still works fine. 
 

on the other hand, the 6 channel (90 nozzle) heads on the 1430 clogged constantly, took forever, and overall went in the trash a few hundred prints later. 
 

being new, you’ll probably trash some heads unless you from the gate, follow a good cleaning procedure. Wet capping is a For sure way to prevent any head loss due to clogging, that mixed with shaking your ink and proper capping station cleaning. Let the machine sit for days at a time constantly? It’s going to affect your prints, overall ink waste and eventually clog that head. 
 

if you print at least 5-10 shirts a day, clean and wet cap, shake and use a good ink ( like DuPont or Kodak) and you’ll be fine. For quite awhile unless it just had a mechanical failure. At that point, a head replacement won’t sound so expensive though, if you have actually used the printhead to the point of natural failure. 
 

oh, it’s always very important to keep the temperature and humidity around the printer stable, and within range that won’t promote head drying. 
 

good luck! In the beginning I wish I would have went with the p600 first, but I did make my money back on the cheaper printer before tossing them, and sold the extra for profit since it was discontinued. 
 

the p400/p600/p800 are all good choices for DTG. As well as some of the older versions of those. 

Edited by johnson4
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also forgot to mention, every few months you’ll need to remove the head and flush the ink lines, if it has them. Settling will occur, no matter what. It just depends on you on how quickly it happens. 
 

I don’t recommend flushing the lines through the printhead, remove it and manually flush the lines, reattach and do one more ink charge- then reload your ink. I do this when I start to see it soft clog, which is always around 2-4 months, depending on how long it sits. Some people just replace the ink bay, that’s up to you. If it’s directly on the head( no dampers, or ink lines) then this isn’t necessary.
 

the one time I did a flush with cleaning carts, it pushed all that crap through the head and ruined it, so I’d avoid that if possible. 

Edited by johnson4
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, johnson4 said:

I also forgot to mention, every few months you’ll need to remove the head and flush the ink lines, if it has them. Settling will occur, no matter what. It just depends on you on how quickly it happens. 
 

I don’t recommend flushing the lines through the printhead, remove it and manually flush the lines, reattach and do one more ink charge- then reload your ink. I do this when I start to see it soft clog, which is always around 2-4 months, depending on how long it sits. Some people just replace the ink bay, that’s up to you. If it’s directly on the head( no dampers, or ink lines) then this isn’t necessary.
 

the one time I did a flush with cleaning carts, it pushed all that crap through the head and ruined it, so I’d avoid that if possible. 

damn good advice! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pcsullivan80 said:

great advice johnson4.  When you detach the lines from the PH and manually flush the lines, do you also flush the PH manually?  waterfall technique?

nope,  no need. Your chances of damagink the head greatly increase doing that. An ink charge with the cleaner in the lines is more than sufficient. 
 

on the old heads, like in the 1430 is easier to do and worked fine. but again, every time I’ve ever waterfalled a head from a p600/p800, it doesn’t last long afterwards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

nope,  no need. Your chances of damagink the head greatly increase doing that. An ink charge with the cleaner in the lines is more than sufficient. 
 

on the old heads, like in the 1430 is easier to do and worked fine. but again, every time I’ve ever waterfalled a head from a p600/p800, it doesn’t last long afterwards. 

On those cleaning kits, or machines, I read that different heads have different tolerances. The p600/p800 style head ( DX7) could only withstand up to 4.5PSI before permanently damaging it. Which, if you had a gauge, isn’t much pressure at all. A firmly pressed syringe can certainly take one out. 
 

I didn’t believe it until I lost two printheads doing stuff like that. Not again, not me. Lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks you all guys for the replys ,that´s help me so much.

the priter is for a new seccion t-shirt on my online shop and i dont know how much prints i  need daily , but minimun i will print one time each day for avoid the clogs and i will do the  advices. "i bought the L1800 cause i cant finally found the p400/p600"

i really would buy 5 days  ago a DTG epson f2100 for 6000€ , but recently youtube showed me  this new "revolucionary tecnology" cheapest , a similar quality ,less process.

Do you think this option can replace the DTG prints or really worth buy the F2100?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/24/2020 at 8:24 PM, Yongan Lu said:

Thanks you all guys for the replys ,that´s help me so much.

the priter is for a new seccion t-shirt on my online shop and i dont know how much prints i  need daily , but minimun i will print one time each day for avoid the clogs and i will do the  advices. "i bought the L1800 cause i cant finally found the p400/p600"

i really would buy 5 days  ago a DTG epson f2100 for 6000€ , but recently youtube showed me  this new "revolucionary tecnology" cheapest , a similar quality ,less process.

Do you think this option can replace the DTG prints or really worth buy the F2100?

 

This is diffirent than DTG, both have uses. If your customer does not care about printout quality, health issues etc. DTF is way to go, because it is cheaper to startup.

If you customer wants high end quality products DTG is way to go. In the end all other factors are irrevelent.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...