Jump to content

Converting Artisan 1430 to DTF


Recommended Posts

Can someone help me with converting my 1430 to dtf?

im lost and really want to get the supplies ordered ASAP. I would truly appreciate any help!!

I have already removed the front rollers and will be adding the waste bottle soon.

my questions are....

1.) Will Acrorip 9 software work?

2.) The only refillable cartridges for the 1430 that I’ve found is from CobraInks. Will those work for DTF?

3.) there are three trays in the front of the 1430 printer. Do any of these trays need to come off? 
 

4.) my waste ink pad is nearing the end of its life. Resetting the pad and adding a waste bottle will fix this issues, right?

pics of trays attached as well as the refillable cartridges from Cobra Inks.

09DC091E-BBB2-4294-887A-C65A258F5C12.png

9BEB218F-30D5-4F6C-87BF-17DA137B6AC4.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jillian said:

Can someone help me with converting my 1430 to dtf?

im lost and really want to get the supplies ordered ASAP. I would truly appreciate any help!!

I have already removed the front rollers and will be adding the waste bottle soon.

my questions are....

1.) Will Acrorip 9 software work?

yea

2.) The only refillable cartridges for the 1430 that I’ve found is from CobraInks. Will those work for DTF?

they’ll work

Quote

3.) there are three trays in the front of the 1430 printer. Do any of these trays need to come off? No
 

4.) my waste ink pad is nearing the end of its life. Resetting the pad and adding a waste bottle will fix this issues, right? Correct

pics of trays attached as well as the refillable cartridges from Cobra Inks.

09DC091E-BBB2-4294-887A-C65A258F5C12.png

9BEB218F-30D5-4F6C-87BF-17DA137B6AC4.jpeg

 Don’t forget you need a tray to hold the film as it comes out, level with the output rollers. 

Edited by johnson4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

they’ll work

 Don’t forget you need a tray to hold the film as it comes out, level with the output rollers. 

Thank you for helping! So all three trays stay?? I still have to build the output tray. Just seems like the three original trays will get in the way?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can remove them if you want to. I never needed to with the ones I’ve converted. 
 

you can also use that one tray with the slider as the start of the output tray. The two I converted, that worked perfectly and I didn’t need an output tray. Just used that and the original paper tray. 

Edited by johnson4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

You can remove them if you want to. I never needed to with the ones I’ve converted. 
 

you can also use that one tray with the slider as the start of the output tray. The two I converted, that worked perfectly and I didn’t need an output tray. Just used that and the original paper tray. 

Thanks so much! You’ve help a lot 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/17/2020 at 1:51 PM, johnson4 said:

they’ll work

 Don’t forget you need a tray to hold the film as it comes out, level with the output rollers. 

Got the cartridges today and ink. What is the order the cartridges go? I have no white cartridges so not sure which cartridge it goes in.  
I don’t understand about the ink charges and chips yet....do I need to do anything with that?

I appreciate you helping me and your time. You’ve helped me get this far!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...