P800 Maintenance

I am building a P800 for DTF. I will be using the ink and films from Andy.

But my questions are related to cleaning.

I understand that I should have an extra set of cartridges for cleaning. What solution should i use in them?  Is this a home made mixture or is this the Printer flushing fluid that Andy sells? 

Should I put the Kodak wet capping solution on the capping station? Nightly or only when I clean. This is sold by Andy. 

Do these solutions work for DTF even though they say DTG on them?

Is there anything else that needs to be done regularly?

If the nozzle check shows something not working, then do a head clean with ink. When would i use the cleaning solution cartridges?

Thanks

6 hours ago, WDeBlase said:

I am building a P800 for DTF. I will be using the ink and films from Andy.

But my questions are related to cleaning.

I understand that I should have an extra set of cartridges for cleaning. What solution should i use in them?  Is this a home made mixture or is this the Printer flushing fluid that Andy sells? 

it will work fine with DTF ink. 

Should I put the Kodak wet capping solution on the capping station? Nightly or only when I clean. This is sold by Andy. 

it’s a preventative measure to prevent the head from drying out during down time. Long story short, I have not noticed the need with DTF inks through my testing. But it would be cheap insurance. 

Do these solutions work for DTF even though they say DTG on them?

they should, mine do. 

Is there anything else that needs to be done regularly?

clean the capping station, the wiper blade and the top cap. 

If the nozzle check shows something not working, then do a head clean with ink. When would i use the cleaning solution cartridges?

yes. 

the cleaning cartridges are for when you want to flush the printhead/ink lines. You won’t use them often. For example, expensive DTG printers have a built in system that tells you when ( once every month or so) to install them and it will clean the lines it’s a preventative maintenance. You do the same manually with these. If you notice constant clogging, or can’t get a head clog to go away, etc. it’s best to load cleaning solution and do several ink charges. Or if your going to take a few weeks off, etc. 

all in all, not totally necessary, but if you find yourself in a position where the printer needs repair, or a clog that won’t come out, by the time you can order/repair the printer you’ll wish you had removed that ink with these cartridges. 

6 hours ago, WDeBlase said:

So I typed out this awesome, well thought out ( in my opinion) response and then I accidentally deleted it all. So, short and sweet it is.