Newly converted P600 setup?

7 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

True, And it does print a watermark on the print as well. 

Cadlink is another good program if it supports the printer. I'm currently designing a 3D printed roll film holder for the Epson P800 to fit where the original would go, When that is done I will be testing out the P800 with DTF again. The roll Adapter for the P800 is $200, if you can find one. It can easily be 3D printed and work better for under $20. Anyway, when I do that I'll be using cadlink more to test the P800. Overall, they have a free demo with the time limit without the features limited. 

I did look at Cadlink, but couldn't get on with it - couldn't even get it to output a print, so gave up with it (quite quickly, and I probably could have invested time in getting it working, but it also felt a bit 'overkill' for my needs).  I've ended up ordering WhiteRIP 7; I liked the overall feature set within it and got some nice results - particularly the default black knockout; some nice dithering 'out of the box'.   The roll adapter you're working on is interesting - there was someone selling some 3D printed ones for the P600 on Ebay UK a little while ago, but the listing isn't there anymore.

9 minutes ago, PhilUK said:

I did look at Cadlink, but couldn't get on with it - couldn't even get it to output a print, so gave up with it (quite quickly, and I probably could have invested time in getting it working, but it also felt a bit 'overkill' for my needs).  I've ended up ordering WhiteRIP 7; I liked the overall feature set within it and got some nice results - particularly the default black knockout; some nice dithering 'out of the box'.   The roll adapter you're working on is interesting - there was someone selling some 3D printed ones for the P600 on Ebay UK a little while ago, but the listing isn't there anymore.

Yea, Cadlink is a bit overwhelming. I would say 90 percent of cadlink is about modifying your image, rather than printing it. It took me quite awhile to get it to print with my printer, but, as with any new software it takes time. Personally I've only heard of WhiteRip once or twice, So I don't really have any knowledge on it at all. I'll admit I also sat Cadlink to the side because it just had too many variables for a simple print job, and learning all of that at once is too much unless you can really dedicate time to it. 

Ekprint is very old, but I've printed with it for years, it was the easiest for me to learn back when I started so I've just stuck with it this far. Hopefully WhiteRip works out for you though. 

As for the Roll adapter, I'd likely upload the design to thingiverse or some other share website so anyone looking for one can easily obtain it. I have one main thing that I do, and I stick to that for my income, anytime I don't it usually consumes too much time than it's worth. The p600 roll adapter was pretty lame and just attached with tabs. The p800 has tabs and metal mounts/bolts, so it's likely it will work much better and sturdier without modifications to the printer at all, which might have been the downfall to the P600 one. For the P400's I just 3D printed a bracket and bolted it to the printer, which involved drilling holes and disassembly, since it also attached the same way as the p600. 

I also use WhiteRip 7 on my p600 and p800.  The lines you see might be able to be fixed by adjusting the feed to %98 percent on your media options -> Driver Options (under quality tab then click on button with [OOO]).  I use different compensations for sheet and roll feed.  There are also "Fade" or feathering options there too that will help If you are printing gradients then "best" will help a lot!  Slows down the print though...    I was getting slight dark banding with a good nozzle check and adjusted mine to 101.4% and it cleared it right up.  Your banding is white so your printer is advancing too much and would need something less than 100%.  

• 1 year later...
On 12/7/2020 at 10:17 PM, elliotiscool said:

Hello,

I just bought a converted P600 from DTFSuperstore. First time messing with this. I installed all of the ink cartridges with ink and ran a setup of EK Studio. Tried to do a test print with EK Studio and nothing happened. It appeared to push the job to the printer but it never attempted to print. I then tried to do a test print using the Epson touchscreen and it produced an error "Cannot recognize the following ink cartridges. Try installing them again." And it shows a red X for each cartridge.

I'm sure this is an easy fix. I'm just new and a little lost. Would appreciate some help. Also, do I need to install the Epson drivers?

Elliot,

Have you converted your DTG to DTF?

17 hours ago, AYIRAapparel said:

Elliot,

Have you converted your DTG to DTF?

The P600 DTG can work for DTF flatbed printing, however it's not very efficient and will require a lot of hands on to keep it going especially with the stock ink system.  Not to be the bad guy but in general the DTG era is close to being over with support for these printers basically non-existent now. Discontinued by Epson and every other brand has moved onto DTF, it would likely be best to sell the kit and move onto a DTF machine. If it's new, it would be great for a UV printer conversion, or UV DTF.  That 2 year gap there from purchasing the machine to trying to set it up kind of missed the window of opportunity. 

I had four of them, they were a huge pain- I mean seriously- but I stuck with them because I had to. Everyday I was fixing one, hence why I had four. Switching to DTF has supercharged our business and has given me so much more time I would never go back, even on the consumer level they are receiving a better quality product with DTF. The only exception is CMYK only ink printing with DTG, but even still hardly worth it compared to going with sublimation. 

It's not the DIY conversion versions, all of them are like this. DTF will be the same as well with the white ink unless you get a good system and not a conversion, or make a good ink system for the conversion printer. Most of the DTG machines did not have this. Me personally I just purchased a cheaper CMYK only DTG machine ( Roland) for CMYK only prints on light garments and use DTF for everything else. Not a single complaint.