Jump to content

Newly converted P600 setup?


Recommended Posts

Hello,

I just bought a converted P600 from DTFSuperstore. First time messing with this. I installed all of the ink cartridges with ink and ran a setup of EK Studio. Tried to do a test print with EK Studio and nothing happened. It appeared to push the job to the printer but it never attempted to print. I then tried to do a test print using the Epson touchscreen and it produced an error "Cannot recognize the following ink cartridges. Try installing them again." And it shows a red X for each cartridge.

I'm sure this is an easy fix. I'm just new and a little lost. Would appreciate some help. Also, do I need to install the Epson drivers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, elliotiscool said:

Hello,

I just bought a converted P600 from DTFSuperstore. First time messing with this. I installed all of the ink cartridges with ink and ran a setup of EK Studio. Tried to do a test print with EK Studio and nothing happened. It appeared to push the job to the printer but it never attempted to print. I then tried to do a test print using the Epson touchscreen and it produced an error "Cannot recognize the following ink cartridges. Try installing them again." And it shows a red X for each cartridge.

I'm sure this is an easy fix. I'm just new and a little lost. Would appreciate some help. Also, do I need to install the Epson drivers?

Just open catridge cover then close it when it throws the error. You get this error when you first opened the printer and send the first job.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the responses guys. Unfortunately there isn't any sort of cartridge cover that I can open or close with how it was modified. I've been trying to find this ink reset button but I'm having no luck. I went through the menus and couldn't find anything about resetting ink. Even tried googling it and I couldn't find anything. Any chance you could expand on that? I really appreciate it.

p600_400x.png?v=1605392050

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elliotiscool said:

Tried setting platen to wide and also tried increasing thickness from 3 to 4. No change in results unfortunately. I attempted 3 larger prints when I was testing it. I did a nozzle check afterwards and all I could find was a single small broken line for cyan. Nothing else.

What resolution are you printing? Is this a prebuilt machine? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, johnson4 said:

What resolution are you printing? Is this a prebuilt machine? 

This is a DTF pre-built from Andy. I checked my resolution and realized I had it at 1440x720 on my printer and 720x720 on EK. I switched both to 1440x1440 and tried printing again but I still see lines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, elliotiscool said:

This is a DTF pre-built from Andy. I checked my resolution and realized I had it at 1440x720 on my printer and 720x720 on EK. I switched both to 1440x1440 and tried printing again but I still see lines.

Try more ink or bigger dotsizes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, elliotiscool said:

I just tried large, level 3, 125% and got the same result. I appreciate all the time you guys have spent so far trying to help me. It's a real bummer not being able to get this new setup to work properly. What would you guys advise I do at this point?

Large dot size is unnecessary, medium is fine. 125% is too much ink, even at level 1 from my experience. Do you have a photo of this nozzle check? Print it several times back to back, does it change? Did you remove the ink cartridge rubber from the air holes? Did you purge the new ink cartridges or just put ink in them? 
 

Edited by johnson4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

Large dot size is unnecessary, medium is fine. 125% is too much ink, even at level 1 from my experience. Do you have a photo of this nozzle check? Print it several times back to back, does it change? Did you remove the ink cartridge rubber from the air holes? Did you purge the new ink cartridges or just put ink in them? 
 

Prior to printing these nozzle checks, I ran a print head cleaning about an hour ago. Printed this 5 times and all 5 were consistent.

The rubber was removed from the vent holes when I installed them a couple days ago. When I originally installed the cartridges, I didn't purge them. Yesterday, I purged them and placed them back in. I've ran maybe 8 head cleanings and 10 prints since then. 

 

20201209_201719.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, elliotiscool said:

Prior to printing these nozzle checks, I ran a print head cleaning about an hour ago. Printed this 5 times and all 5 were consistent.

The rubber was removed from the vent holes when I installed them a couple days ago. When I originally installed the cartridges, I didn't purge them. Yesterday, I purged them and placed them back in. I've ran maybe 8 head cleanings and 10 prints since then. 

 

20201209_201719.jpg

Not purging them introduces air into the lines/printhead. 
 

do an ink charge as soon as you can, then report back, bet that helps. You can use the Epson p600 utility in the download section on the forum, it needs to be hooked up via USB to do the ink charge. You can also just use wic reset, also under the download section. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, elliotiscool said:

Prior to printing these nozzle checks, I ran a print head cleaning about an hour ago. Printed this 5 times and all 5 were consistent.

The rubber was removed from the vent holes when I installed them a couple days ago. When I originally installed the cartridges, I didn't purge them. Yesterday, I purged them and placed them back in. I've ran maybe 8 head cleanings and 10 prints since then. 

 

20201209_201719.jpg

Not purging them introduces air into the lines/printhead. 
 

do an ink charge as soon as you can, then report back, bet that helps. You can use the Epson p600 utility in the download section on the forum, it needs to be hooked up via USB to do the ink charge. You can also just use wic reset, also under the download section. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

Not purging them introduces air into the lines/printhead. 
 

do an ink charge as soon as you can, then report back, bet that helps. You can use the Epson p600 utility in the download section on the forum, it needs to be hooked up via USB to do the ink charge. You can also just use wic reset, also under the download section. 
 

 

Thank you so much! I ran the ink charge but it would stop at around 50% because the printer would show the "cannot recognize ink cartridge" error so I'd have to push the reset button. I decided to run it a 2nd time until it hit the 50% mark and gave the error again. I ran a nozzle check and an entire line was missing for cyan. I did a cleaning and it looked good after. Ran a test print and it looks good! I'll report anything that arises but I think I'm all set.

On a side note, thank you for all the responses you make on this forum. I've lurked through so many threads and your responses have taught me so much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, elliotiscool said:

Thank you so much! I ran the ink charge but it would stop at around 50% because the printer would show the "cannot recognize ink cartridge" error so I'd have to push the reset button. I decided to run it a 2nd time until it hit the 50% mark and gave the error again. I ran a nozzle check and an entire line was missing for cyan. I did a cleaning and it looked good after. Ran a test print and it looks good! I'll report anything that arises but I think I'm all set.

On a side note, thank you for all the responses you make on this forum. I've lurked through so many threads and your responses have taught me so much.

 Your welcome. I’m just glad I could help. Stuff can be a PITA sometimes. 
 

the ink charge, when it does that just keep doing it until it actually finishes. sometimes you need to power cycle the printer. If air gets in the lines, it can cause quite a bit of trouble that head cleans just can’t fix. Just in-case the issue comes back or you let the printer sit for an extended period  and have trouble getting your white flowing good, the ink charge is a pretty good last resort solution to clearing the lines. 
 

good luck :)

Edited by johnson4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...