Epson p600 dtf conversion help

I just purchased a epson p600 In order to convert it to a DTF.I seen tutorials On how to modify It. What I need to know is there anything Else I need For the modificationThat didn’t come with the printer Like what ink Cartridges Do I need?  do I have to modify existing ink system?  If so could someone please give me a list of everything I would need for the modification And where to order it from please it will be greatly appreciated thanks.

They are all the same basic concept. Remove the rollers after the printhead. Make a paper tray or something to support the paper( the job of the rollers you just removed). 

that’s it. Add a waste tank if you want, everything else is basic knowledge. Refillable carts, rip software, etc

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 4:25 PM, Todd said:

I just purchased a epson p600 In order to convert it to a DTF.I seen tutorials On how to modify It. What I need to know is there anything Else I need For the modificationThat didn’t come with the printer Like what ink Cartridges Do I need?  do I have to modify existing ink system?  If so could someone please give me a list of everything I would need for the modification And where to order it from please it will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Hi can you share some video tutorial for the conversion?

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Emptynest outfitters said:

If I have a p600 that I’ve been using dtg ink in can I just change my carts and use dtf ink? Also can someone tell me what the end product actually feels like to the hand? Is it paper feeling or htv feeling or is it more like dtg feeling?

Flush it and use the DTF ink if you want. 

Depending on the powder, and how well you do that. too much powder and it feels plastic like. get a good amount of powder and it should feel like a softer transfer. I press mine hard so it gets down in the shirt fibers. CMYK DTG is the best, i'd say its comparable to white ink DTG. 

I just meant if you want to switch to DTF. Personally, I’d start with a new unmodified printer. 

totally doable to print on a flatbed, but it needs to be extremely close to the film, etc. 

if your having issues, switching to another ink/process doesn’t really help and could easily happen there too. 

anyway, yes you can just flush out the DTG ink and put in DTF ink. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 10:25 AM, Todd said:

hi do have a video how i can convert p600 to DTF thank you

tihs is my email     labnezeit@gmail.com

3 hours ago, Gabriel said:

hi do have a video how i can convert p600 to DTF thank you

tihs is my email     labnezeit@gmail.com

I'm not aware of one, you just reach in and pull out the "pizza" rollers, and from there make an output tray, or finagle something together with the OEM paper tray.  You remove the rollers that would hold the paper down in the the front. 

Other than that, that's it unless you want to add a waste bottle.