8 hours ago, Lasse said:

"If you don’t mind me asking, what is that your using to apply the powder?"

That´s just 16" of a rain gutter. I´ll do some photos for you when I´m at the printshop later today..:)

This is how set up my adhesive powder station johnsson4

adhesive-powder-station1.jpg

adhesive-powder-station2.jpg

5 hours ago, Lasse said:

This is how set up my adhesive powder station johnsson4

adhesive-powder-station1.jpg

adhesive-powder-station2.jpg

This might sounds stupid, is that round gutter? 

thanks, I never thought of using something rounded like that. 

• 1 month later...

Wow, that looks nice.

About static electricity, it mostly accures when I screenprint tranfers, (when a rubber squegie runs over the mech and the print lands on plastic sheets, it builds up static electricity).

20 minutes ago, Lasse said:

Wow, that looks nice.

About static electricity, it mostly accures when I screenprint tranfers, (when a rubber squegie runs over the mech and the print lands on plastic sheets, it builds up static electricity).

Yea, I haven’t noticed any issues with it yet with static. I think rev 2 will be a bit taller, and a bit less wide, I was making it to fit the 13” and 17” printer sizes, just in case I wanted to go with a p800 down the road. 

I took a 3”x4” cart and attached a printer, shaker, the powder thing you see, roller and a hot plate to make an auto dtf machine. So far it’s working well,  just gotta fine tune things. My main issues are the last transfers printed, so I’m going to add a following blank sheet length just like in the beginning. That and some way to easily recollect the powder, OR some way to prevent the film from lifting up from the bottom of that pan, so the powder stays in the roll of the film indefinitely. Still deciding on that. 

It has a vent, to suck fumes out, which are directed to an output port, that also doubles as a “ pre-heater” to slightly remove moisture from the ink from the printed film before hitting the powder. 

just for reference, 350-375 degrees easily cured the ink as it printed. 

• 2 months later...

I did try Dtf using Dtg Ink. It did work, washability was good but wasn't actually stretchable as seen as in the videos.

I did see a post in DTF Kingdom that Dtf ink for Dtg as well, just curious to know if it really works. 

If the quality was good, probably Dtf inks for dtg would be cheaper and maintenance would be much easier.

Can anyone who has tried this or using a Flatbed Dtf please try this and share their views so it'd help most of the users here.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Chetan B said:

I did try Dtf using Dtg Ink. It did work, washability was good but wasn't actually stretchable as seen as in the videos.

I did see a post in DTF Kingdom that Dtf ink for Dtg as well, just curious to know if it really works. 

If the quality was good, probably Dtf inks for dtg would be cheaper and maintenance would be much easier.

Can anyone who has tried this or using a Flatbed Dtf please try this and share their views so it'd help most of the users here.

Thanks

I tried DTF ink for dtg, it didn’t work for me. Just soaked right into the pre treated shirt. 

• Confused 1