Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

I ordered a roll of film from China before I knew Andy was getting the 17" rolls in. The roll I was getting was suppose to be 17", but there was some misunderstanding on the person I ordered from and he sent me a 60cm roll which is 23.something inches wide. Is there a way to cut the film roll to 17" so it will work in my P800? If so, what can you cut it with?

Thanks,

Doug

17.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Doug said:

Hi Guys,

I ordered a roll of film from China before I knew Andy was getting the 17" rolls in. The roll I was getting was suppose to be 17", but there was some misunderstanding on the person I ordered from and he sent me a 60cm roll which is 23.something inches wide. Is there a way to cut the film roll to 17" so it will work in my P800? If so, what can you cut it with?

Thanks,

Doug

17.png

You can, I haven't done it but intended to for photo papers. 

 

You wrap the portion you are going to cut ( like 4" or so) with masking tape so it's secure. Measure and mark 17.95". Use a Miter saw. You can look up videos and other things on how to do it Works for vinyl, paper, and probably this stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

You wrap the portion you are going to cut ( like 4" or so) with masking tape so it's secure. Measure and mark 17.95". Use a Miter saw. You can look up videos and other things on how to do it Works for vinyl, paper, and probably this stuff. 

Thanks... appreciate that! Was curious if something like that was possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2020 at 8:24 PM, johnson4 said:

You can, I haven't done it but intended to for photo papers. 

 

You wrap the portion you are going to cut ( like 4" or so) with masking tape so it's secure. Measure and mark 17.95". Use a Miter saw. You can look up videos and other things on how to do it Works for vinyl, paper, and probably this stuff. 

Hey, if it matters, I goofed up there, should be 16.95 inches, may a smidgen less :) 

Edited by johnson4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Hey, if it matters, I goofed up there, should be 16.95 inches, may a smidgen less :) 

I was going to ask you that... but figured that is what you meant. Thanks for the clarification though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Hey, if it matters, I goofed up there, should be 16.95 inches, may a smidgen less :) 

Johnson4... did you see my post on getting some paid help putting my P800 together? Andy said you might have built a P800?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did see the post, and I do have a p800 DTF. I just haven’t really had the time to respond. in all honesty, it’s not really any different from the others, other than your output tray you need to make and the waste pad. You don’t need 260ml carts, but you could. The 80ml last FOREVER with DTF. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...