How to Cut Down Film Roll

Hi Guys,

I ordered a roll of film from China before I knew Andy was getting the 17" rolls in. The roll I was getting was suppose to be 17", but there was some misunderstanding on the person I ordered from and he sent me a 60cm roll which is 23.something inches wide. Is there a way to cut the film roll to 17" so it will work in my P800? If so, what can you cut it with?

Thanks,

Doug

17.png

43 minutes ago, Doug said:

Hi Guys,

I ordered a roll of film from China before I knew Andy was getting the 17" rolls in. The roll I was getting was suppose to be 17", but there was some misunderstanding on the person I ordered from and he sent me a 60cm roll which is 23.something inches wide. Is there a way to cut the film roll to 17" so it will work in my P800? If so, what can you cut it with?

Thanks,

Doug

17.png

You can, I haven't done it but intended to for photo papers. 

You wrap the portion you are going to cut ( like 4" or so) with masking tape so it's secure. Measure and mark 17.95". Use a Miter saw. You can look up videos and other things on how to do it Works for vinyl, paper, and probably this stuff. 

1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

You wrap the portion you are going to cut ( like 4" or so) with masking tape so it's secure. Measure and mark 17.95". Use a Miter saw. You can look up videos and other things on how to do it Works for vinyl, paper, and probably this stuff. 

Thanks... appreciate that! Was curious if something like that was possible.

On 11/17/2020 at 8:24 PM, johnson4 said:

You can, I haven't done it but intended to for photo papers. 

Hey, if it matters, I goofed up there, should be 16.95 inches, may a smidgen less :) 

Edited by johnson4

2 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Hey, if it matters, I goofed up there, should be 16.95 inches, may a smidgen less :) 

Johnson4... did you see my post on getting some paid help putting my P800 together? Andy said you might have built a P800?

I did see the post, and I do have a p800 DTF. I just haven’t really had the time to respond. in all honesty, it’s not really any different from the others, other than your output tray you need to make and the waste pad. You don’t need 260ml carts, but you could. The 80ml last FOREVER with DTF. 

• 2 weeks later...