P800 Media error

Hello everyone, a question here

Do you have to do some type of modification or configuration, so that the p800 printer accepts the Pet Film?

here my p800, only passes the film paper through one side to the other when i use the sheet feeder;

and when I use the Film on the roll feeder, displays Error! wrong media.

All these after send to print from Acrorip and Ekprint

Welcome any help, Thanks !

Thanks @johnson4,

Now Im printing on Film Roll,  Ek & Acro Ok!..  👍.  

Just The top Feeder still passes the film sheet direct to eject and ask,  want to resume or cancel? (works fine with plain paper)

The Front Feeder for Fine Art Paper still displaying wrong media... 

5 hours ago, ketox said:

Thanks @johnson4,

Just The top Feeder still passes the film sheet direct to eject and ask,  want to resume or cancel? (works fine with plain paper)

That's weird, did you turn of paper width check and all that off on the printer itself? 

It will display wrong media from the front, You'll need to load it regular. Might be a way to make that work, but I didn't try after that.

Edited by johnson4

5 hours ago, ketox said:

Thanks @johnson4,

Load multiple sheets in the feeder and see if that helps. 1 single piece of film doesn't always feed correctly

5 hours ago, JaRugz said:

I’m getting this same issue.  Everything printed fine when I printed with some other PET film I have, but as soon as I put the DTF film in the printer....I’m getting Paper Error

Was it a used printer? 

if so get some alcohol, and wipe down ( without leaving lint) the paper feed roller with the alcohol. I just select “ paper feed path cleaning” and hold it there as it spins around. Alcohol pads would probably work too. 

let it air dry, try again.

8 hours ago, JaRugz said:

I’m getting this same issue.  Everything printed fine when I printed with some other PET film I have, but as soon as I put the DTF film in the printer....I’m getting Paper Error

Out of curiosity I tried the film that I have, that you probably have. It does do this in my P800 as well. As Andy stated, putting sheets of paper behind it solved it for me ( I put like 20 sheets, because why not).  The reason it does this, ( even does it to me sometimes with regular photo paper too, Mainly Matte) is When the ASF is triggered, vs the PE ( paper load) there is a certain "time" that is allowed. If it doesn't hit that mark, it spits it out. 

4 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Was it a used printer? 

if so get some alcohol, and wipe down ( without leaving lint) the paper feed roller with the alcohol. I just select “ paper feed path cleaning” and hold it there as it spins around. Alcohol pads would probably work too. 

let it air dry, try again.

Yes it’s a used printer.  I used some compressed air and blew out the rear paper feed and that helped a bit.

I will use the stacked paper tomorrow and see if that helps as well.

14 minutes ago, JaRugz said:

Yes it’s a used printer.  I used some compressed air and blew out the rear paper feed and that helped a bit.

I will use the stacked paper tomorrow and see if that helps as well.

Yea, If air helped, wiping it down with alcohol will help more. Photo papers deposit crap on that roller that you can't see, assuming the person who used it before used it for photos. I use them for more than T-shirts, and both my p600/p800 have trouble picking up Matte photo paper the same way, after several runs. That blended with it's placement and the lid open, it gets dust on it too. After sticking the paper behind it, it has loaded the new film without issue every time. I had a different type of film than you at first, ( more than likely) and it ran through fine since it was thicker film, that's why I was confused with the issue until I tried the new film.

Edited by johnson4

On 11/9/2020 at 8:14 PM, johnson4 said:

Out of curiosity I tried the film that I have, that you probably have. It does do this in my P800 as well. As Andy stated, putting sheets of paper behind it solved it for me ( I put like 20 sheets, because why not).  The reason it does this, ( even does it to me sometimes with regular photo paper too, Mainly Matte) is When the ASF is triggered, vs the PE ( paper load) there is a certain "time" that is allowed. If it doesn't hit that mark, it spits it out. 

Yes, all rollers cleaned. The DTF paper still spitting it out 1 of 3 times, even with the paper stack. (100 Sheets),

agree with you that is when the ASF is triggered, vs the PE,  that like the paper did not arrive on time.

I did a test removing the cn48 Sensor (Paper,Detector,Pe,Asf, Assy) and still the spitting out

I Agree the paper is to thin. 

All ok printing on roll.. 

11 minutes ago, ketox said:

Yes, all rollers cleaned. The DTF paper still spitting it out 1 of 3 times, even with the paper stack. (100 Sheets),

agree with you that is when the ASF is triggered, vs the PE,  that like the paper did not arrive on time.

I did a test removing the cn48 Sensor (Paper,Detector,Pe,Asf, Assy) and still the spitting out

I Agree the paper is to thin. 

All ok printing on roll.. 

just out of curiosity, did you leave about a 1/4 inch gap between the paper slide guide and the paper? 

3 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

just out of curiosity, did you leave about a 1/4 inch gap between the paper slide guide and the paper? 

No gap at all, the slide and the paper (film) are tight

Im think that the error is because the paper arrive with some skew to the front

26 minutes ago, ketox said:

No gap at all, the slide and the paper (film) are tight

Im think that the error is because the paper arrive with some skew to the front

There should be a gap of about 1/4 inch, at least for regular photo paper and what I did with my film. It’s worth a try anyway. I know my feeder doesn’t “ push” forward if it’s too tight. 

7 minutes ago, ketox said:

That may be the reason for the problem, Can I adjust the timing with the service program?

Oh, I don’t know. I just meant the paper slipped while loading, adding the paper in the back and keeping that guide a bit loose and it’s worked fine since with the several sheets I printed. I’m actually switching it over to the p400 since it makes more since for me and it’s been loading fine as well. Unfortunately I don’t know of anything else to do. 

2 minutes ago, ketox said:

I will continue doing tests, maybe it is the type of DTF paper I will try with another supplier, maybe I will find a thicker paper, for now I will continue printing with the roll

The first type I had didn’t do this, it was thicker. I recently received the thinner stuff and that’s when that happened to me. Roll is probably the way to go anyway, no waste at the end.

• Thanks 1