DTF print speeds??

I'm seeing print speeds around 4 mins on a P600 for an 8x10 print (adding white, I assume it's more like 8mins) If I'm doing 50pcs 8x10 transfers per day, that's around 6-1/2 hrs of printing🤔

The P6000 can do a 14X16 print, in about 2mins. So I'm guesstimating that a 10x12 with white, at around 600dpi would be about the same 2mins. 

So are the P6000 and P7000 convertible to DTF? If not, are most desktop business models, less than 50pcs transfers per day?

What older large format Epsons (Chip reset and bulk ink developed) are DTF possible? 

I'm looking at speed and not so much size..

Thanks..

1 hour ago, BrightFriend said:

I'm seeing print speeds around 4 mins on a P600 for an 8x10 print (adding white, I assume it's more like 8mins) If I'm doing 50pcs 8x10 transfers per day, that's around 6-1/2 hrs of printing🤔

The P6000 can do a 14X16 print, in about 2mins. So I'm guesstimating that a 10x12 with white, at around 600dpi would be about the same 2mins. 

So are the P6000 and P7000 convertible to DTF? If not, are most desktop business models, less than 50pcs transfers per day?

What older large format Epsons (Chip reset and bulk ink developed) are DTF possible? 

I'm looking at speed and not so much size..

Thanks..

I don't know where those times come from, but they are very wrong. I usually print 11x14 prints for CMYK and they take under a minute each, And for the White with 3 passes, I get them in about 2-3 minutes on DTG. Double layered printing takes the longest, at 3-4 minutes at that size. You don't need to print at the highest resolution. 

The p800, which is 17" takes a bit longer time to print, but hardly noticeable. I printed a 11x15 ( I think it was 15", it was a tall print that ran out of room on the paper) took about 3.5 minutes on DTF with White/color. the P600 would produce that faster. The print times for DTG VS DTF won't vary much, if at all. However, The added steps of powder and cure, Is about the same as pre-treat and cure. So, Not really a huge positive/negative to that factor.

If you are using quite a bit of transfers, like 50 a day, you may want to consider DTG. If not, Even still that's around $700 in profit for 6.5 hours of printing, depending on several factors, but that is what it would end up for me. $115 an hour is worth my time :)

Edited by johnson4

You could always do like I did, And add more printers, To achieve more Profit per hour as well. I don't see the hassle of buying something like that being beneficial, but it could be. I took the easy route, and just used more P600's, The added cost is trivial compared to the profit they make you, if you really need 50 a day. Cut your time in half, to 3 hours and 15 minutes ( from your original time alllowance) with two printers, and you still make the same money, but now at $230 an hour, just for investing in TWO printers instead of one.  Your not only limited to one printer, Especially for the cost it is to make/buy one. I run 4 DTG printers, 1 DTF printer that I'm still getting used to, And then the screen-printing side. I by myself, cannot manage anything more than that being one "employee". I eaither run the DTG/DTF stuff, or the Screen-print stuff. I can't do both at the same time unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1