Jump to content

P800 Conversion - DTF all you need to Convert


Recommended Posts

I just bought me a used P800, What do I need to do to make it fully functional DTF Below is as far as I know:

1. Buy Extender Cartridge - https://www.dhgate.com/product/9-color-set-280ml-l-model-xl-refillable-t8501/517776031.html?f=bm|GMC|pla|10936259984|108807308338|517776031|pla-320467456274|104010002002|US|hydink|c|2|&utm_source=pla&utm_medium=GMC&utm_campaign=hydink&utm_term=517776031&gclid=CjwKCAiA-f78BRBbEiwATKRRBGq3-niHi5jmzoiHxyYiHwsbj3wu_FWsM5ooU-hpw549gvZX0dGtDxoC_b4QAvD_BwE

 

2. Get Rip - https://store.opendtg.com/collections/featured/products/kothari-rip-software-for-epson-p800

3. Ink - https://store.opendtg.com/collections/ink-consumables/products/cymk-white-dupont-ink-pack

4. Transfer Adhesive - https://store.opendtg.com/products/dtf-transfer-adhesive-1-lbs?_pos=1&_sid=ed3c905ca&_ss=r

5. Transfer Film - https://store.opendtg.com/products/12-5-x-18-dtf-transfer-film-10-sheets?variant=36590020165796

6. Heat Press - https://store.opendtg.com/collections/heat-presses/products/geo-knight-dk20-16x20-auto-heat-press

7. Curing Conveyor Belt

Thats all I know

Here are a few questions:

1. How can I circulate the Ink, especially the White ink?

2. What modification I need for the Printer, What part I need to take out and how?

3. Do I need a waste Bottle Kit? https://store.opendtg.com/collections/ink-system/products/waste-ink-bottle-kit

4. Do I need 2 Extender Cartridge for Flushing and cleaning the lines?

5.  Is it possible to do a roll with this printer?

6. Is there an alternative for the Rip Kothari Rip is vey pricy. - what is the benefit of it?

7. Using a Conveyor Belt for Curing is that good enough?

Thank you in advance for all of your answer to my questions. 

Please feel free to give any tips and trouble shoot solutions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1- you can buy an ink tank system from china. It mixes inks inside. Connect them into catridge slots with dampers. You will need an auto cleaning mode for printer, you have to make a code to start up printer head clean then close.

2- paper rollers inside. I did not try.

3- if you connect waste tubes to waste ink kit that would be nice for later. 

4- for flushing you can use normal refillable catridges.

5- printer should fuction normally.

6- kothari makes better print outs. However you can use acrorip it is good, if you like you can buy kothari later.

7- i don't know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sihotang said:

I just bought me a used P800, What do I need to do to make it fully functional DTF Below is as far as I know:

1. Buy Extender Cartridge - https://www.dhgate.com/product/9-color-set-280ml-l-model-xl-refillable-t8501/517776031.html?f=bm|GMC|pla|10936259984|108807308338|517776031|pla-320467456274|104010002002|US|hydink|c|2|&utm_source=pla&utm_medium=GMC&utm_campaign=hydink&utm_term=517776031&gclid=CjwKCAiA-f78BRBbEiwATKRRBGq3-niHi5jmzoiHxyYiHwsbj3wu_FWsM5ooU-hpw549gvZX0dGtDxoC_b4QAvD_BwE

 

2. Get Rip - https://store.opendtg.com/collections/featured/products/kothari-rip-software-for-epson-p800

3. Ink - https://store.opendtg.com/collections/ink-consumables/products/cymk-white-dupont-ink-pack

4. Transfer Adhesive - https://store.opendtg.com/products/dtf-transfer-adhesive-1-lbs?_pos=1&_sid=ed3c905ca&_ss=r

5. Transfer Film - https://store.opendtg.com/products/12-5-x-18-dtf-transfer-film-10-sheets?variant=36590020165796

6. Heat Press - https://store.opendtg.com/collections/heat-presses/products/geo-knight-dk20-16x20-auto-heat-press

7. Curing Conveyor Belt

Thats all I know

Here are a few questions:

1. How can I circulate the Ink, especially the White ink?

2. What modification I need for the Printer, What part I need to take out and how?

3. Do I need a waste Bottle Kit? https://store.opendtg.com/collections/ink-system/products/waste-ink-bottle-kit

4. Do I need 2 Extender Cartridge for Flushing and cleaning the lines?

5.  Is it possible to do a roll with this printer?

6. Is there an alternative for the Rip Kothari Rip is vey pricy. - what is the benefit of it?

7. Using a Conveyor Belt for Curing is that good enough?

Thank you in advance for all of your answer to my questions. 

Please feel free to give any tips and trouble shoot solutions.

 

 

You do not need " extended" carts. the stock 80ML work just fine, but if you want those bigger cartridges and overhang, thats up to you. If that was my only option, I wouldn't have used the printer itself. Honestly, It's very hard to use those 80ML carts up to a degree refilling is an annoyance, Specifically for DTF.

You don't need a "white mixer" Just pull and shake the cartridge daily, Unless your going to redesign the entire printer ink system, and have it recirculate white ink throughout the entire ink system, its rather pointless and a waste of time/money. Just like DTG for the p600/800, you need to use the printer often with white ink, or do " ink charges" when you decide to. It's not going to be like a regular printer once you load any white ink in them. The P800 uses a pressurized ink system, so unless you remove that, and the "checks" that the printers built in firmware makes, and run your own system, I just don't see this as being an option. 

You can add a waste tank, personally I didn't, since it has one built in. I removed the cotton pads, and put a cover over it and notched out a " drain" on the corner so I could dump it every couple of days.

1. Not much, remove the rollers and make an output tray.

2/7. Kothari works well from what I understand, EKprint is cheaper, and for the most part works for me. I haven't tried Kothari just yet. I have never had any luck with Acro-rip for any type of good, repeatable, reliable, quick prints.

3, 4, 5, Those are the supplies you need. 

6- Any heat press will do, What Andy offers is a reputable brand. buy what fits your budget, and your requirements. 

7. a Belt dryer is what Andy used, You can also use a heat gun, Or a hover heat press. Depends on what you are doing. I don't see dropping the amount of money on a conveyor dryer just for DTF.

 

 

 

It's a pretty simple process,

1.remove the " pizza wheels" make an output tray

2. remove the cotton from the waste tank

3.make the printer chipless, ( something you left out)

4. get some refillable carts. 

 

Load your ink, use a reliable RIP software, and print. Wipe the capping station down daily, with cleaning swabs, and shake your white ink carts- daily. Use a heat gun/ Heat press to cure the transfer. ( or a belt dryer). a Sifter helps with the powder, plus whatever you decide to use to do that step in.

If you leave it sit for a day or two, be pre-pared to do an ink charge or several head cleans to get the white ink going again due to it's settling and separation. If you don't intend on printing with it often, it would be cheaper/easier to batch print once a week so you don't waste as much ink every other day doing cleanings.

 

Quote

 

 

 

 

Edited by johnson4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I’m setting up my Epson 3800 for DTF and I have flushed out the old ink and ready to fill up with DTG inks.

I would like to know I have to use the ink channels as they are in the printer...

CMYK in the slotted channels are they are currently and use the LK..LLK...LC...LM slots for white ink

OR

WWWW in slots 2 to 5 from left and CMYK in the four slots (6-9).

 

Thanks in advance for your response(s)

 

MJ

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaRugz said:

Hello,

 

I’m setting up my Epson 3800 for DTF and I have flushed out the old ink and ready to fill up with DTG inks.

I would like to know I have to use the ink channels as they are in the printer...

CMYK in the slotted channels are they are currently and use the LK..LLK...LC...LM slots for white ink

OR

WWWW in slots 2 to 5 from left and CMYK in the four slots (6-9).

 

Thanks in advance for your response(s)

 

MJ

DTG inks don't work with DTF. 

 

Mine are set up on the P800 backwards( Compared to the P600), Like WWWW_KCMY( From left to right looking at the ink bay) With EKprint.

Edited by johnson4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

DTG inks don't work with DTF. 

 

Mine are set up on the P800 backwards( Compared to the P600), Like WWWW_KCMY( From left to right looking at the ink bay) With EKprint.

So I would still leave the No.1 slot with cleaning fluid in the cartridge then....

Also, on the 3800, I have to use the chips from the original cartridges..... would that make a difference with the ink configuration?.

Thanks

MJ

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JaRugz said:

So I would still leave the No.1 slot with cleaning fluid in the cartridge then....

Also, on the 3800, I have to use the chips from the original cartridges..... would that make a difference with the ink configuration?.

Thanks

MJ

Yes the matte black is always filled with solution. 
 

yea, I don’t see a chipless option for the 3800, so if available, you should use auto reset chips or a resetter . If not, that’s going to be expensive. 
 

the printer will need the corresponding/original  color configuration  to remain correct,  no matter the ink color/type/order you put in there. 

Edited by johnson4
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are using EKprint, I can send you the channel color layout to use for the configuration. I only set it up that way because I noticed it went to the printhead backwards compared to the p600, and obviously the ink order in the ink bay is backwards also. My set up works, but a better configuration may exist, I just guessed based off the fact they were swapped, to keep the original configuration I have been using. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnson4 said:

If you are using EKprint, I can send you the channel color layout to use for the configuration. I only set it up that way because I noticed it went to the printhead backwards compared to the p600, and obviously the ink order in the ink bay is backwards also. My set up works, but a better configuration may exist, I just guessed based off the fact they were swapped, to keep the original configuration I have been using. 

Thank you.   I’d really appreciate that....  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anum11 said:

Did you try it with dtg inks? I think it is possible with dtg inks.

You can try, like I did if you need to, to convince yourself they are completely different. The DTF white ink after a week still hasn’t “ air dried”.  Personally the ink has quite a few characteristics of plastisol ink. The ink doesn’t even wash completely away with water, even repels water a bit while still wet. 
 

I’m not going to write another long post about it, but unless you have proof, please don’t confuse people coming in here about this. It’s for sure not going to work, especially  the white ink. 

 

it’s not from China, it’s from India I believe. 
 

 

to anyone reading this, I’m an end user, I don’t work for opendtg, and the ink isn’t the same as standard DTG inks we are used to. 

Edited by johnson4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, anum11 said:

No i was confused myself because in earlier posts this is what said. So is the pet film, normal pet film? 


I’m not sure what your talking about, the original post said he was going to load DTG ink for DTF, which he later said was a typo, and I was just clarifying it won’t work. 

Yes, then the pet film has a coating on it that makes it different. Using PET film as a “ medium”  and then using different “ coatings” to achieve different products. 
 

pet has a huge variety of “ mediums”  or bases including inkjet transparency’s for screen printing, however the coating isn’t the same, one is designed to hold Pigmented ink, one is designed to release it, only the coating being different. 
 

I don’t understand the reason to try and tear down the process and re-make it via random products. The DTF ink is the same price as DTG inks, the film is cheap. Your not going to find it anytime soon, and if you do it won’t be any cheaper than the offerings here. Its already broken down as a kit, or process and for sale here.

 

I love the DTF ink, and I tried over 12 different versions of PET film I had from other types of transfers because it “ looks” the same, all of it being more expensive than this stuff. It’s a waste of time.
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude i am not from USA, to get any kind of ink from other countries i have to get a certificate from ministry. Which costs a lot. Buying ink from opendtg is not an option for me.

I am trying to understand what is this. It seems to me everyone is buying a new brand ink and printing it like transfer.

Have you considered to try dtf ink like dtg process, directly on to garment with pretreatment? 

Also have you tried dtf white and dtg CMYK with dtf method? From what i understand adhesive is applied onto white, so maybe CMYK have no diffirence? I think if it is this way you can get same results as DTG with better colors maybe?

Edited by anum11
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, anum11 said:

Dude i am not from USA, to get any kind of ink from other countries i have to get a certificate from ministry. Which costs a lot. Buying ink from opendtg is not an option for me.

I am trying to understand what is this. It seems to me everyone is buying a new brand ink and printing it like transfer.

Have you considered to try dtf ink like dtg process, directly on to garment with pretreatment? 

That’s cool, then where are you from? I have no way of knowing that, so sorry for any presumption. I know Andy posted a link to a place to obtain this stuff in another area at some point. I don’t remember which. 
 

the process was advertised to work as DTG ink on one of the websites selling the ink in another country ( for a much higher price), I don’t see why it wouldn’t, but I do not know how it reacts to pretreatment, etc. it would be nice to know but I’m not going to do all that to test it unfortunately since it’s already loaded in a standard printer. 

 

it’s a new Process, i would reach out to Andy and see what he can help with if you need it for a different area. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, anum11 said:

This gut says on comments, it is just dtg ink. So basically these all are dtg inks from other brands. There is no such a thing like DTF ink. Only method is diffirent from dtg with inks brand.

So if its a DTG ink we can Print DTF on the Epson F2100?

Edited by sihotang
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, anum11 said:

This gut says on comments, it is just dtg ink. So basically these all are dtg inks from other brands. There is no such a thing like DTF ink. Only method is diffirent from dtg with inks brand.

Okay, well good luck with it. I’m telling you point blank, it’s not, I tried, the white ink peels away and bubbles after coagulation after the excessive ink bleed, at least with DuPont ink. 
 

Edited by johnson4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, anum11 said:

Well, maybe it is accually better with dtg too. That is what i am wondering. If so fuck Dupont ink, i would try to get this and use it on normal dtg too.

I’m not understanding, if your saying it’s the same as DuPont ink, what is the benefit? 
 

or are you saying this DTF ink also works as DTG ink, not that DTG ink ( like Kodak or DuPont) can work on film? 
 

if so, yes that’s what I read. The “ DTF” ink works as a DTG ink as well. But standard DTG inks won’t work as DTF inks. 

Edited by johnson4
Link to post
Share on other sites

If this ink is useable on Dtg, and accually gives better results with no cloging issues i would not use Dupont or Kodak etc. At all. What's not to understand?

You said it have better results on dtf, and less cloging. If this is accually a dtg ink and works well with pretreatment, who would use other brands?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...