What Printers can be used for DTF?

I’m having an issue with my Epson R3000 printer.

My ink are set up as YWWMCWWK with MK slot containing cleaning solution.

When printing however,  the K ink channel (PK slot) leaves a lot of ink streaks and blobs of black ink on the film.  I switched the black to the MK slot and set the driver to print using the MK channel which prints clean without issues,....but when I send a job to the printer from the RIP, it automatically switches back to the PK channel.

Is there a way to fix this?

1 hour ago, JaRugz said:

I’m having an issue with my Epson R3000 printer.

My ink are set up as YWWMCWWK with MK slot containing cleaning solution.

When printing however,  the K ink channel (PK slot) leaves a lot of ink streaks and blobs of black ink on the film.  I switched the black to the MK slot and set the driver to print using the MK channel which prints clean without issues,....but when I send a job to the printer from the RIP, it automatically switches back to the PK channel.

Is there a way to fix this?

I don't think so, because the printer driver recognizes what type of paper you are using, and auto selects that ink. If auto change or anything like that is available in the print menu, or in the driver, then you might be able to disable it that way. generally it only uses matte ink on matte paper. 

It sounds like your switching damper is bad causing the original issue, they aren't terribly expensive, maybe $30 and about a 30 minute repair. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2021 at 14:12, johnt said:

¡Suena genial! Yo también tengo uno que estoy tratando de convertir ahora. ¿Cuáles fueron sus configuraciones de acrorip para esto?

estoy usando 20% cmyk y 40% white sin perfil de color y obtengo bueno resutados

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, janey6152 said:

Hi anyone converted there Epson P5000 for DTF. ???

Just bought this printer cause i saw  Cadlink Digital factory workinng on the RIP.

Been searching around. Havnt found anything.

What printer is similar to this one thats doing DTF ??

p5000 a.JPG

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, can you expand on why the f2100 is not a good machine for Dtf. I'm looking to expand on this process and the "rip software" I believe would be Garment Creator. I've found a small tutorial specifically for f2100. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

On 3/10/2022 at 11:48 AM, nix said:

Hello, can you expand on why the f2100 is not a good machine for Dtf. I'm looking to expand on this process and the "rip software" I believe would be Garment Creator. I've found a small tutorial specifically for f2100. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I use the F2100 for DTF just fine. The only drawback to it, is not having roll films. Other than that it allows me to swing from loading a shirt to a film within seconds and from there, I have presets for the CMYK layer and 1 for white, I hit print on color then on white and both go to the machine,. saving back and forth trips. I use Garment Creator

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/9/2022 at 9:47 AM, anum11 said:

Why?

I'm not happy with my multiple XP15000s (too many problems), and am looking at the ET8550 and L1800 because they apper to be the contenders in current generation (readily available machines, including parts).  Also thinking about entry level commercial printers from domestic providers (but not sure worth the price of at least several desktop conversions while I'm still building my daily volume) or more price competitive direct Chinese imports (which scare me for all the known reasons).

Also, I've been trying to find the printhead model numbers for these machines, and maybe I'm just not searching well, but not finding?  I think I saw 8550 is PrecisionCore, assume other two are not as good? Printhead life expectancy with DTF is a primary concern between them, as well as maintenance issues.

Edited by TeedUp

4 hours ago, TeedUp said:

Why?

I'm not happy with my multiple XP15000s (too many problems), and am looking at the ET8550 and L1800 because they apper to be the contenders in current generation (readily available machines, including parts).  Also thinking about entry level commercial printers from domestic providers (but not sure worth the price of at least several desktop conversions while I'm still building my daily volume) or more price competitive direct Chinese imports (which scare me for all the known reasons).

Also, I've been trying to find the printhead model numbers for these machines, and maybe I'm just not searching well, but not finding?  I think I saw 8550 is PrecisionCore, assume other two are not as good? Printhead life expectancy with DTF is a primary concern between them, as well as maintenance issues.

going with any of these 3 printers will eaither be slow, or full of random problems, just like the xp-15000.  Every printer will have it's own downfall, none of them are perfect unless it is specifically built for  it, which usually have some form of design flaw themselves. 

If you are looking for reliable, find an older machine that supports chipless like a p400. The P800 is good too, just finicky on the output tray. they still have their problems though.  or buy a chinese machine with dual XP600 heads. Cheap- works well, pretty fast for the price. Worst case scenario it's $200 per head. I get 16.66 12X12 prints an hour off the dual XP600 I have. I set it to print 25-50 prints and walk away. It hasn't failed me yet. None of the Epson typical issues. 

You can pick these up for $4,000-$7,000 depending on where you get them. It's alot of money, but if you are looking for problem free operation- It's not with a current gen Epson. 

Edited by johnson4

1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

going with any of these 3 printers will eaither be slow, or full of random problems, just like the xp-15000.  Every printer will have it's own downfall, none of them are perfect unless it is specifically built for  it, which usually have some form of design flaw themselves. 

If you are looking for reliable, find an older machine that supports chipless like a p400. The P800 is good too, just finicky on the output tray. they still have their problems though.  or buy a chinese machine with dual XP600 heads. Cheap- works well, pretty fast for the price. Worst case scenario it's $200 per head. I get 16.66 12X12 prints an hour off the dual XP600 I have. I set it to print 25-50 prints and walk away. It hasn't failed me yet. None of the Epson typical issues. 

You can pick these up for $4,000-$7,000 depending on where you get them. It's alot of money, but if you are looking for problem free operation- It's not with a current gen Epson. 

The last one that might be good for trouble free operation is the P5000, it’s coming tomorrow and I will test it. It theoretically should print as fast as the dual xp600 printer. Built in vacuum, built in roll holder. It’s the only other one without needing chips, the p6000 but it’ll need new chips every fill, so I don’t consider it due to running costs. 

so it may work as a current gen Epson, but the head is over $1,000. It’s an $1800 printer. We’ll see. 

Edited by johnson4

Thank you Johnson4.

Basically looking for an entry level commercial grade machine, 13" is fine for now.

I was looking at Chinese dual i3200's but it sounds like the XP600's are good enough at a much better cost, especially printhead replacement?  Key considerations are printhead life expectancy and reliability (if the price gap is not TOO wide). 

It does sound like XP600 life expectancy and color saturation are not as good as the i3200. 

Any thoughts on the i3200's?

P5000's sound interesting (though I don't see vacuum in specs) although printhead cost is a deterrent. I'm looking forward to any review you do.

Seems like most of the Chinese machines I've looked at are Maintop, is this any good? I really like my Cadlink alot, especially color, after trying Acrorip and EKprint.  

I also need 110V, if I get one for 220V do you know if I can safely use a step up converter?

Also, any AliExpress or Alibaba sources you'd recommend as reliable? I've bought enough stuff from China where most is a good buy, but the crap can be a nightmare.

Thanks much!

2 hours ago, TeedUp said:

Thank you Johnson4.

Basically looking for an entry level commercial grade machine, 13" is fine for now.

I was looking at Chinese dual i3200's but it sounds like the XP600's are good enough at a much better cost, especially printhead replacement?  Key considerations are printhead life expectancy and reliability (if the price gap is not TOO wide). 

It does sound like XP600 life expectancy and color saturation are not as good as the i3200. 

P5000's sound interesting (though I don't see vacuum in specs) although printhead cost is a deterrent. I'm looking forward to any review you do.

Seems like most of the Chinese machines I've looked at are Maintop, is this any good? I really like my Cadlink alot, especially color, after trying Acrorip and EKprint.  

I also need 110V, if I get one for 220V do you know if I can safely use a step up converter?

Also, any AliExpress or Alibaba sources you'd recommend as reliable? I've bought enough stuff from China where most is a good buy, but the crap can be a nightmare.

Thanks much!

I run several epsons, right now a P400/P800 next to this Dual XP600 machine. Soon the P5000.  Saturation is great on the xp600, I can make them print identical to the epsons. I don't know about life expectancy, I haven't had to replace them. But again, $400 a pair VS $2200 a pair- I'm pretty sure these are more for the money. 

I used to think the XP600 was crap, but it's not at all after getting used to it. The grain you see is from CAD link, a few adjustments and you can make that go away for the most part. It really boils down the ICC and dot profile in that aspect, not the printhead I have found since obtaining one of the Chinese machines. 

Maintop works fine, but you have to do extra steps. I used it once. I use cadlink and Ekprint.

Mine works great with the converter. 

I couldn't say. I bought mine from Andy. The stuff I did buy from china all was a nightmare, even with research and preparations- unless it was small stuff/parts stuff like that. Machine wise, they have never been what they should be and support is crap- its your fault. 

Edited by johnson4

30 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

I run several epsons, right now a P400/P800 next to this Dual XP600 machine. Soon the P5000.  Saturation is great on the xp600, I can make them print identical to the epsons. I don't know about life expectancy, I haven't had to replace them. But again, $400 a pair VS $2200 a pair- I'm pretty sure these are more for the money. 

I used to think the XP600 was crap, but it's not at all after getting used to it. The grain you see is from CAD link, a few adjustments and you can make that go away for the most part. It really boils down the ICC and dot profile in that aspect, not the printhead I have found since obtaining one of the Chinese machines. 

Maintop works fine, but you have to do extra steps. I used it once. I use cadlink and Ekprint.

Mine works great with the converter. 

I couldn't say. I bought mine from Andy. The stuff I did buy from china all was a nightmare, even with research and preparations- unless it was small stuff/parts stuff like that. Machine wise, they have never been what they should be and support is crap- its your fault. 

But, You can get it with either head setup. To each his own, People seem to love the I3200's. I am perfectly happy with the XP600's and the price of them. I can buy 5 sets of the xp600 compared to one set of the I3200's, which is said to need replaced every 6 months or so. I'm not that busy to afford that. 

But take what I say with a grain of salt, I haven't used an I3200, Just the XP600, and I like them. The grain is all settings. 

6 hours ago, TeedUp said:

Thank you Johnson4.

Thanks much!

If you want to test it, you can post a photo for me to print on it.  if you’d like.