Does anyone have an idea of what the cables do?

ycramie13

Hello,im trying to replace the EPSON 1390 Main Board that came out of my cheap chinese UV printer. The replacements online does not have the 2 brown cables that are attached on the original part, as shown on the pic. Does anyone have an idea as to what they do and if i need to do the same thing to the new board

c589 main board.jpg

22 minutes ago, ycramie13 said:

Hello,im trying to replace the EPSON 1390 Main Board that came out of my cheap chinese UV printer. The replacements online does not have the 2 brown cables that are attached on the original part, as shown on the pic. Does anyone have an idea as to what they do and if i need to do the same thing to the new board

c589 main board.jpg

Does that plug into something, or is it just a connector block and they aren't connected to anything?

1 minute ago, johnson4 said:

Does that plug into something, or is it just a connector block and they aren't connected to anything?

no they are not connected to anything. they go from the maid board to the connector on top as seen on the pic. Im a bit perplexed as to the reason behind the cables as the replacement does not have it.

3 minutes ago, ycramie13 said:

no they are not connected to anything. they go from the maid board to the connector on top as seen on the pic. Im a bit perplexed as to the reason behind the cables as the replacement does not have it.

I mean if they don't connect to anything, Then I'd ignore it personally. But that is just an opinion, I have no experience with those printers.

It was probably part of the process it making it the DTG printer that they used, or sold different versions with different options. 

Edited by johnson4

I mean if they don't connect to anything, Then I'd ignore it personally. But that is just an opinion. 

Thank you for your response, are there different versions of the EPSON 1390 Main Board ? i bought one that is coming from china, Voltage wise?

2 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

Have you by chance checked the fuses, or know what happened before it quit working?

It was given to me by a buddy, he said that cables came undone and that he didn't know where they went and he didn't have time to work on it. So i figured that even if i had to put some money into it it would be a lot cheaper then to buy one from china. And it would also give me knowledge on what was inside the printer.

4 minutes ago, ycramie13 said:

I put the wires where they belonged. L and the N wires were disconnected and a blue wire that went to Ground

Odd for all three of the power wires to be disconnected.

Sounds like he probably didn't flush the ink out of the system either, So that will more than likely need to be replaced, along with the printhead if DTG was used and left in it.

4 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

Sounds like he probably didn't flush the ink out of the system either, So that will more than likely need to be replaced, along with the printhead if DTG was used and left in it.

Get ya a volt meter and check it out, make sure the epson PS is receiving power, and move to the mainboard. If it does, my guess would be the same as yours if you verified all the connections, cables, and whatnot. It's really hard to say. If all that happened was the power wires came loose when it was functioning, then one would think that would be the repairs it needed...

good luck, Sorry I was of no help. 

Edited by johnson4

3 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

yeah, that is weird. But i knew I was going to spend some money into the machine. hopefully not too much lol

1 minute ago, ycramie13 said:

yeah, that is weird. But i knew I was going to spend some money into the machine. hopefully not too much lol

To give yourself an idea, figure the cost of a printhead and any ink system it has, if ink wasn't cleaned out of it. Plus, The mainboard if you verified everything else is functional.

Might be easier to buy a spare printer for parts.

Printers are sold out everywhere now, so good luck with that though. Depending on what you plan on printing, the white ink on the printers ( if it had it) wasn't all that great and took forever, at least from my experience. 

1 minute ago, ycramie13 said:

here is a picture of the wiring inside. powersupply.thumb.jpg.6288617eea49fa1ebf976431620d9670.jpgiring hopefully looks familiar to you

All I see would be the Power supply ( I'd verify its working) two steppers, which wouldn't affect the printer powering on, and what looks to be a relay board, possibly for the height of the platen.  I have no idea on the rest, someone on here will probably help. 

Verify the power supply works, if the printer AND the base system doesn't function, I'd assume the power supply or a connection. 

To give yourself an idea, figure the cost of a printhead and any ink system it has, if ink wasn't cleaned out of it. Plus, The mainboard if you verified everything else is functional.

Might be easier to buy a spare printer for parts.

Printers are sold out everywhere now, so good luck with that though. Depending on what you plan on printing, the white ink on the printers ( if it had it) wasn't all that great and took forever, at least from my experience. 

Yeah i will be replacing the epson power supply board, Main board and the switching power power supply and if needed the print head, it will close to 300 for all parts

Just now, johnson4 said:

Thats not bad at all. So does the base system function at all?

Don't know yet as nothing moves, there is no power going to the main board. from the switch to power supply there is power, nothing after that. I only get the green led light outside that tells me that it is powered on

Just now, ycramie13 said:

Don't know yet as nothing moves, there is no power going to the main board. from the switch to power supply there is power, nothing after that. I only get the green led light outside that tells me that it is powered on

maybe you can tell me what each part does on the picture above to have a better understanding.

3 minutes ago, ycramie13 said:

maybe you can tell me what each part does on the picture above to have a better understanding.

Well, I'd first say that you need a voltmeter and need to check the output of your power supply. I don't know EXACTLY how that is made, but in general the base will function without the printer, so if it were the mainboard, for example, and everything else worked, you should be able to load/unload the platen system at least. Generally speaking, The base just works from a few sensors being copied from the epson printer, so it should work to some degree directly with or without the printer powered on/functional.

Marked as 5V, 12V, etc, Verify those votlages coming from that power supply are correct. Sounds like that may be bad, or a wire going to it isn't correct.

the two boxes alone on the side, are stepper drivers which control the platen motors.

Edited by johnson4

Just now, ycramie13 said:

I have tested the power going to the epson main and there is power going there, and thats where everything stops

I assume you checked the fuse, from the photo it looks like the epson is powered from the pass through on the aftermarket power supply. 

Have you verified the voltages coming from that power supply as well?

It's just weird the base wouldn't function as well. 

Thats kinda the end of my " help" without actually physically looking at it. If both power supplies function correctly, the fuses are fine, then I'd start with the mainboard, I don't see why the base wouldn't function without the printer functioning, but It's possible.