P600 DTF Printer

1 hour ago, clivelaw said:

Hi how did you switch off the paper sensor so that it works with transparency film the epson p8oo lets you switch it off in the administrator menue otherwise I have to use a peice of white paper attached to the film.

Kindest regards clive.

I don’t have this issue, sorry.

Hi thanks for your reply. But funny thing is it works and prints very well if  feed white paper in with the fim suggesting that the prinert is looking for the white paper from the sensor underneath the print head. I rember on some early DTGs removing or covering up the sensor for it to work as said the p800 allows you to switch this faclity on or off very strange unles my film suppliers film is over transparant.

2 hours ago, clivelaw said:

Hi thanks for your reply. But funny thing is it works and prints very well if  feed white paper in with the fim suggesting that the prinert is looking for the white paper from the sensor underneath the print head. I rember on some early DTGs removing or covering up the sensor for it to work as said the p800 allows you to switch this faclity on or off very strange unles my film suppliers film is over transparant.

That is an issue, I just don’t encounter it. My film is an opaque clearish white. I’ve just made a roll adapter and use that, easier and much less waste. 

Hi So it looks like my problem is a problem related the pw sensor or program as I said earleir if tape a peice of white paper to back of my dtf pet film it load every time with out fault. I have even tried it with masking tape and it works, but I will first try changing my pet film see if that cures it the only other thing I can try the epson ajustment program to alter pw sensor settings, and finaly remove the PW senosor its a pain but I have to know what is causing it as it might help others on this forum as people on here have been good to me in the past.

42 minutes ago, clivelaw said:

Hi So it looks like my problem is a problem related the pw sensor or program as I said earleir if tape a peice of white paper to back of my dtf pet film it load every time with out fault. I have even tried it with masking tape and it works, but I will first try changing my pet film see if that cures it the only other thing I can try the epson ajustment program to alter pw sensor settings, and finaly remove the PW senosor its a pain but I have to know what is causing it as it might help others on this forum as people on here have been good to me in the past.

Absolutely. I think it depends a lot on the film. I don't know if you already did this or not, but disable the paper width check in the printer settings as well. Usually, from what I have heard/experienced, it's either this, or the paper feed mechanism loading it improperly and spitting the film out due to the film being too thin.  If it " slips" while loading the film it just spits it out since the timing is incorrect.

You can't remove the PW sensor, rather flip it over if you do that. It is a pain, since it's on the bottom of the carriage. But, like I mentioned I haven't really experienced that issue, just the paper feeding issue. I'm not certain, but I think you would need to remove the entire carriage on an unassembled printer, For the DTG printer's I've done this with, it's easily accessible. 

Good luck though, If it's at all possible, I highly recommend using the Roll instead of sheets, immediately removes 90 percent of issues.

17 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Absolutely. I think it depends a lot on the film. I don't know if you already did this or not, but disable the paper width check in the printer settings as well. Usually, from what I have heard/experienced, it's either this, or the paper feed mechanism loading it improperly and spitting the film out due to the film being too thin.  If it " slips" while loading the film it just spits it out since the timing is incorrect.

You can't remove the PW sensor, rather flip it over if you do that. It is a pain, since it's on the bottom of the carriage. But, like I mentioned I haven't really experienced that issue, just the paper feeding issue. I'm not certain, but I think you would need to remove the entire carriage on an unassembled printer, For the DTG printer's I've done this with, it's easily accessible. 

Good luck though, If it's at all possible, I highly recommend using the Roll instead of sheets, immediately removes 90 percent of issues.

h

14 minutes ago, clivelaw said:

Hi I finally found the problem with my p600 the problem was me lol! what I was doing was printing a nozzel check instead of a graphic. It printed nozzel check on normal A4 printer paper, but not on a peice of pet film how bizzare.

I figured out that the printer must of been looking for plain paper from the windowes or epson driver. This was quite confusing for me as I did have a sheet loader fault originally, it was the large grey roller that was slipping and you cant replace that on its own. Its a all in one piece on the loading shaft, what you can do is turn the roller rubber inside out and it grips it properly.

So as you can see its been quite an unnecessary jorney for me nothing wrong with the machine it just wont print a nozzel check patertern on dtf film crazy.

14 minutes ago, clivelaw said:

h

• 2 years later...