How to convert an Epson printer to (DTF) Direct to Film Printer

On 2021. 2. 16. at 오전 6시 3분, Joker said:

안녕하세요 J, 방금 EK 인쇄 스튜디오를 구입했지만 설치하는 데 문제가 있습니다. 

어떤 이유로 프로그램이 내 프린터를 감지하지 못합니다. 무엇이 잘못되었는지 알고 있습니까? 아니면 이미 발생한 일입니까? 

How much does it cost to purchase an ek studio rip for xp1500? 

Has anyone had fatal error code on Epson P400? Like my carriage won't set correctly. Just started all of a sudden and won't print won't do nothing. Moves head slowly then two flashing lights and sits there. I'm losing money everyday I fight this thing. 

2 hours ago, TonyM said:

Has anyone had fatal error code on Epson P400? Like my carriage won't set correctly. Just started all of a sudden and won't print won't do nothing. Moves head slowly then two flashing lights and sits there. I'm losing money everyday I fight this thing. 

Use wicreset and see if you read the actual error code, that will go a long way in helping. 

by the way, that’s the nature of the beast. Big expensive models or home modified printers, they all end up failing when you need them the most at some point. I always have a spare ( or three) before I rely on it in any way financially. 

Edited by johnson4

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys my designs are coming out a bit hard, does anyone nows what am I doing wrong I'm using coarse powder, is because was to long on heat or is the heat press with out pressure I already tryed almost everything I know but with no results. 

If any body has any suggestions I'll be very grateful 

15 minutes ago, Joker said:

Hey guys my designs are coming out a bit hard, does anyone nows what am I doing wrong I'm using coarse powder, is because was to long on heat or is the heat press with out pressure I already tryed almost everything I know but with no results. 

If any body has any suggestions I'll be very grateful 

Course powder will cause hard/plastic-y prints, Especially if you get too much on there. 

The more ink, the more powder. 

The wetter the ink, the more powder

Course powder, is the thickest powder.

Let your prints air dry for 5-10 minutes, and make sure you are using the least amount of ink possible with good results before running it through the powder. 

Too much ink, not drying enough before powdering, and using course powder, are 3 individual things that will cause this. stacking all 3, well, you know. Course powder on it's own is not bad, but has it's place, and is easily susceptible to adding to the above issues easily.

I recommend medium powder. 

Edited by johnson4

9 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

Course powder will cause hard/plastic-y prints, Especially if you get too much on there. 

The more ink, the more powder. 

The wetter the ink, the more powder

Course powder, is the thickest powder.

Let your prints air dry for 5-10 minutes, and make sure you are using the least amount of ink possible with good results before running it through the powder. 

Too much ink, not drying enough before powdering, and using course powder, are 3 individual things that will cause this. stacking all 3, well, you know. Course powder on it's own is not bad, but has it's place, and is easily susceptible to adding to the above issues easily.

I recommend medium powder. 

Cool thanks J I'll try

• Like 1

Hey guys I'm having trouble to print with my l1800 im having banding problems with the resolution 1440x720 but I see every one printing like that is it me that I'm doing something wrong or all the other people is printing like that

2 minutes ago, Joker said:

Hey guys I'm having trouble to print with my l1800 im having banding problems with the resolution 1440x720 but I see every one printing like that is it me that I'm doing something wrong or all the other people is printing like that

IMG_20210421_212923.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - I have an epson photo R2400 someone gave me. Could it be converted to DTF? There are refillable cartridges available, I can remove the front rollers and I have a community sourced RIP software I bought out of Germany that works pretty well with my canon ix6820 for film output. Could this work ? Anyone with any experience? I would love to put this printer to good use and I have been having a frequent need for DTF type of jobs - I would love to offer it. Or would sublimation be a better option for this printer? What are yalls thoughts ! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I converted my Epson L1800 to DTF, but when I try to print from AcroRIP printer says it is out of paper also if the sheets are correctly loaded. If I push the load button on the printer, it drags the sheet until it comes out completely at the front of the printer. It seems like the printer does not recognize my A3 film sheets, because with a simple paper sheet (A4) I have no problems. How can I solve this? Thank you.

You cannot feed your paper inside of your printer at correct time so it spits out. Try to put more paper to support your A3 sheet and clean the sheet roller. Make sure your paper stays good and firm on sheet tray. 

Edited by anum11

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7.12.2021 at 15:35, justforfunsies said:

Ich war versucht, einen epson sc p6000 zu konvertieren. Wie wäre der Prozess? Wäre es ähnlich wie bei jedem anderen Modell?

p6000 ist der beste DTF drucker für wenig geld. acrorip10.3  refillpatronen und resetter FERTIG.

60cm drucker schneidet automatisch und ist das beste was ich umgebaut habe. PLUS zirkulation!

• 3 weeks later...