How to convert an Epson printer to (DTF) Direct to Film Printer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The p800 is an older model, right there with the P600 and the newer but still discontinued( I think) P400.  The main issue is someone making the printer usable for anything other than OEM ink. Yo

It's all a bit pricey, But yes, the basic concept is to remove the rollers from the printer ( You don't really need to take them apart, at least the models i've done).  1. remove rollers 2.

Reach in and Remove the “pizza rollers” just like the p400/p600, make an output tray, get supplies and use a rip program. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, therui said:

thanks but i need to put the part in 

where i took the rollers from?

If your following the video just do what they did. 

you really only need to remove the rollers, usually takes less than 3-5 minutes just by popping them off with no dissembling. If you want to remove the entire mechanism that works too. You can remove everything on the front related to the paper, including the metal bracket the roller wheels were on, paper tray, and front media loading. 

Edited by johnson4
  • Like 1

Good morning, I see that the mechanical modification is simple, and I see that you have to buy a RIP program, is it very expensive? How feasible is the modification of the printer to DTF, does it present many problems? I have heard that the heads get stuck, is there a solution for that? I am new to this DTF issue, I found out until yesterday but I am interested in knowing more about it.

Buenos dias, veo que la modificación mecanica es sencilla, y veo que hay que comprar unprograma RIP, es muy costoso? , que tan viable es la modificación de la impresora a DTF, presenta muchos problemas? he escuchado que los cabezales se atascan, hay solución para eso?, soy nuevo en este tema de DTF, hasta ayer me entere pero me interesa saber mas del tema

1 hour ago, Diego said:

Good morning, I see that the mechanical modification is simple, and I see that you have to buy a RIP program, is it very expensive? How feasible is the modification of the printer to DTF, does it present many problems? I have heard that the heads get stuck, is there a solution for that? I am new to this DTF issue, I found out until yesterday but I am interested in knowing more about it.

Buenos dias, veo que la modificación mecanica es sencilla, y veo que hay que comprar unprograma RIP, es muy costoso? , que tan viable es la modificación de la impresora a DTF, presenta muchos problemas? he escuchado que los cabezales se atascan, hay solución para eso?, soy nuevo en este tema de DTF, hasta ayer me entere pero me interesa saber mas del tema

Super easy, it makes you money, so it’ll cost something. Rips are $0-$1,000. Your choice. 

heads get stuck? What does that even mean? 

DTF works great and so far has been the easiest and cheapest method to use for initial set-up. 

• 2 weeks later...

What about the Epson stylus pro 3880? Do you know of any good RIP softwares for the white under base or DTF application. Also recommended any DTF papers or inks?? 

P.S. New to the DTG scene, and it is tough

5 hours ago, Zigotti said:

What about the Epson stylus pro 3880? Do you know of any good RIP softwares for the white under base or DTF application. Also recommended any DTF papers or inks?? 

P.S. New to the DTG scene, and it is tough

DTF is pretty simple, use a supported printer, or buy one. Remove the rollers and make an output tray. 

buy your Chipless/refillable ink cartridges

buy ink, powder, film from Andy. Even EKprint if you want. some curing source and a heat press. Boom. 

that’s pretty much the sum of DTF.