Triggering UV LED on & off

Tstern83

Yes they can be either version standard or flat bed.

You need to replace everything where the ink is thats before the head with uv specific parts to prevent any light curing the ink while in the system.

The easiest way is uv dampers and uv ink pipes connecting direct to the damper.

The printers shown aren't mine they belong to someone I was writing custom software for to control them.

Edited by reptilesink

9 hours ago, reptilesink said:

Yes they can be either version standard or flat bed.

You need to replace everything where the ink is thats before the head with uv specific parts to prevent any light curing the ink while in the system.

The easiest way is uv dampers and uv ink pipes connecting direct to the damper.

The printers shown aren't mine they belong to someone I was writing custom software for to control them.

Awesome, Thanks for the information.

It kind of looks like he probably has ink lines running to the head dampers off to the side to that manifold which is probably a quick disconnect of some sort. 

Do you know what is required to remove the ink pump on the P800 to prevent a code? 

My main thing is I HATE gravity fed systems, From the video it doesn't appear to be. 

I'll read back over your older posts, you have probably answered these questions 10X over. 

My memory is garbage, if I don't stay up on it constantly I'll completely forget something in as little as a few days, so I keep starting at square one with this UV conversion       "preparation" 

Anyway, Thanks again.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

This is my setup for normal Epson L1800. I've put the lamp on the left side of carriage unit and the height identical to printhead. I have problem the UV light would not cure the printed area on the right as when printing it seems the lamp aren't reaching to the right area, except when head pruning. How to solve this issue to make the print head travel a bit further on the right for UV lamp to have the chance curing artwork on the right.

DSC00152.thumb.JPG.eae15b5b8d48378fbfd26cf214837126.JPG

P.S: I move the artwork to the left and put a small line at the right but it wasted so much paper and area as well not practical at all.

This is the ink is not cure the right area.

DSC00153.thumb.JPG.46ee5101f15a74a6571295ea9c82b835.JPGDSC00154.thumb.JPG.7b254861e0a2f98e8e35ff85ade2ec10.JPGDSC00155.thumb.JPG.be7bb8145a925f4397fc86622d76f185.JPGThis is the printing and the UV light does not reach the right area.