OpenDTG Complete Basic DTG Printer
Our OpenDTG complete DTG (Direct to Garment) printer is perfect for businesses looking for an affordable way to get into DTG but don't have the time or desire to build it themselves. By purchasing the printer already assembled you get the benefits of our large community, tech support, a 1 year warranty plus professional craftsmanship and our years of experience.
- Based on the Epson P600 print engine
- CMYK + White for printing on light and dark garments
- Modular design for quick and easy swap of the print engine (This minimizes downtime if you keep a spare module)
- Chipless firmware so you don't have ink chip resets during printing
- 12.5 x 18 inch print area
- Non-Slip platen top to keep your shirts in place
- Removable platen so you can change out for smaller sizes
- Platen spacer system to quickly adjust to thicker garments
- Easy to level platen top. A flat print surface is critical to getting crisp prints
- Encoder Wheel emulator for less maintenance and fewer errors
- Pressurized ink system for better ink flow
- Custom top window so you can watch the print with the lid closed
- Fully compatible with OpenDTG DIY base kits and electronics so you can add modules yourself if you wish
- OpenDTG complete base and print module based on Epson P600
- 80ml large refillable cartridges. (More prints between refills, no bottles or bags to mess with)
- Tool kit with the common tools needed to operate and maintain the printer.
- T - Shirt samples to print on.
- Full membership access to the OpenDTG Forum
- 7 Day a week chat support via OpenDTG Facebook chat
- Email support for Life
- 1 Year Limited Warranty (Warranty does not cover the printhead, ink system or return shipping costs)
What's NOT Included but you need
- Windows 7 or higher PC with an available USB port
- Heat press for curing the pretreatment and final print - We recommend a 16x20 inch press
- Wagner Sprayer or Automatic pretreat machine to apply pretreatment if you're using white ink
- Humidifier to keep the humidity above 40% in the print room
- Ink, Pretreatment and other consumables
- Artwork design software like Gimp, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW
- Patience and a desire to learn... DTG appears to be push a button and go method but it's not. There is learning.. lots of learning
What you need to know before buying a DTG printer
- Like any printing method such as screen printing, there is a learning curve to DTG. It is NOT load the shirt and hit print like a paper printer. It can takes weeks to months and dozens of wasted shirts to get comfortable with the process
- You have to climate control your print room. DTG works best in 70 - 78 degrees and humidity from 40% - 60%. (50% + is needed at times)
- Inks clog and separate if not used often. The more you use the printer the better and it shouldn't be left idle more than 2 days. For longer periods flush the ink out.
- Pretreatment needs to be applied in a separate room from the printer
- Any color shirt that uses white ink will need to be pretreated
- Don't take orders until you've received and learned how to use the printer
- You WILL have to work on and troubleshoot your printer at some point. Between user error and just the effects of use over time you will see errors and have to fix them.
- Every day that you use the printer you will need to do 10 minutes of cleaning and wiping down the printer
Why Buy from OpenDTG?
- Made in the USA here in our shop. We are not a reseller of someone else's machine.
- We are a small dedicated team of 3 whom are very involved in the Open Source and Maker communities. We have a passion for this.
- We are a business with a physical commercial shop and storefront.
- 24/7 Forum Support. Be a part of our 3,000+ and growing DTG community.
- Chat support 7 days a week during daytime hours.
- No buy and wait.... We keep parts and printers stocked so we can ship within a few business days. Not weeks or months.
Printed on the OpenDTG P600
The fine print: All printer sales are final. No refunds, returns or exchanges. Any issues will be resolved per the warranty terms. We are not responsible for any machine issues or damage due to user error or other companies products like ink.
The RIP software, support, and forum membership are non-transferable.